18 replies to this topic

#1 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

Formally known as wreckitralph

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

should have put this heading as lower quarter and closing panel     so with the new closing panels in situ

is this gap correct  between the yp[ outer corner edge of the heel board  and where it drops down verticaly to meet the rear lower corners of the quarter panels      should they be up tight against the flat of the outer flat of the heel board  it looks altho they should be bent downwards at more of and angle  to mate up but i dont want to bend anything until i have confirmation     i dont see any reason for that gap and the heelboard is heritage also

the inner folded lip is tight agains the inside of the rear pocket so it wont move inwards any further 

Attached Files

Edited by Wreckitralph1, 09 January 2020 - 02:04 PM.

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:00 PM

Buy them from M Machine, phone them and ask for their own quarter repair panel, not another companies. The M Machine ones are 2 inches higher

#3 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:15 PM

thats great news regards the quarter repaires thank you just need to find whats goin on with these closing panels

Edited by Wreckitralph1, 09 January 2020 - 02:06 PM.

#4 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:02 PM

the closing panel  does it fit flush with the front edge of the heelboard i didnt have any more steel than in the pic as a reference so dont know how it fits at that front edge or more like this where it dowsnt meet the front edge

Attached Files

Edited by Wreckitralph1, 08 January 2020 - 09:51 PM.

#5 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:18 PM

I am about embark on similar repairs on my mini. Any chance of a few more photos by way of comparison. Here's a link to some photos of my mini.

http://forum.retro-r...ini-restoration

#6 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:50 PM

i have posted a few pics above

#7 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

Hi both,

I am currently doing a floor change, and made some pictures for reference which seem to fit to your needs.

My car has been acid dipped, and I do not think there were repairs made on the car.

i9f0Sh5l.jpg

Sorry the light is not that good on this one, the weather was too nice ;)

The heelboard and the closing panel seat flush together and are seam welded together on the top of the heelboard and at the vertical seam near the screw holes for the rear frame.

CGeBLodl.jpg

qrx0Yapl.jpg

In the cabin the heelboard does not fit flush with the closing panel (sorry, no better quality picture but you can recognize it)

a2klQQil.jpg

Hope it helps

Gilles

Edited by Gilles1000, 09 January 2020 - 02:34 PM.

#8 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

thank you Gilles   very useful and much appreciated  its only a small panel but without reference to how it fits was a pain

Edited by Wreckitralph1, 09 January 2020 - 02:50 PM.

#9 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

little bit more help please   the measurement from end to end of the solid yellow line  [should be around 93mm] but dont let that influence ,, and the measurement between  the other two lines would be much appreciated    having a right mare with this if it carries on i be taking the gas axe to it

i have no lower rear quarter to line it up there   no lower rear arch to speak of it had 4 different plates welded on it so the only  real reference i have is the companion bin remains and the boot floor 

Attached Files

Edited by Wreckitralph1, 10 January 2020 - 06:37 PM.

#10 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:11 PM

Can you do me a favour and take one from further back so I can get a better reference, please? I can't quite make it out.

#11 Gilles1000

Gilles1000

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:50 PM

Hello,

@Wreckitralph: I can do these measurements I think. I have only 2 issues:

1) I'm not at home this weekend and will be able to take the measurements onlw next weekend.

2) I think the part between the green and violet lines is the the rear heelboard, which is now out of my car, but I still have the remains of it and I should be able to give you some measurements. I have to check it.

@sc-em:

I will do other pictures as well. Do you need an overall view from where the rear bin was?

Gilles

#12 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:57 PM

thats correct i need to know how  far  back from the  front edge of the heelboard  is the closing panel front edge  in your pics  [thanks again]  and a few others i have seen the gap looks quite big but on mine as i have it postioned atm its roughly 4 mm

#13 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

found these wish are pretty much where i am atm regards the gaps i have but if possble i wold dtill like the measurements

Attached Files

#14 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

all sorted thanks

Attached Files

#15 sc-em

sc-em

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:30 AM

Yes please Gilles. With mine I am intending starting with the rear boot repair and corner panels and then moving forward and seeing what the damage is. The actual front mount section on the rear subframe look sound, but all around, seems in need of patching as can be seen in the photos of my link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users