3 replies to this topic

#1 minicooperr

minicooperr

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

Can anybody help with a picture of the fuel pipe routing from the mechanical fuel pump up to the carb, as I currently have a very loose pipe rubber line at the moment which I am not very confident in

Cheers

#2 jonlad

jonlad

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Sorry I can't help but will give your topic a free bump as I'd like to see similar photos. I am recreating fuel piping from scratch.

Thanks and fingers crossed that somebody can help  :proud:

#3 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 04:29 PM

Hi sorry can't get a photo but just renewed the fuel line on 1275gt. From the copper pipe from the tank that comes in the engine bay I used a braided hose to connect to the fuel pump, another braided fuel hose on the pump outlet to a filter 150mm away from the carb then another braided fuel line to the carb inlet. I fixed a clip on the pipe to the bulkhead between the pump and the filter to keep it well away from the exhaust and stop it moving about and resting on the exhaust. All rigid and safe.

#4 eric67

eric67

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 09:44 AM

The fuel pipe/hose routing may differ depending on what exhaust manifold and carburettor you are using but either way can be uncomfortably close to the manifold so I would also consider changing to an electric pump and remove the mechanical pump altogether.

On my car I have managed to thread the hose between the abutment plate and the carb wrapped in a heat shield for good measure but plan on going back to an electric SU pump later this year.

Will be interesting to know what you do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users