7 replies to this topic

#1 indifferent

indifferent

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

I know....but the UK is what I call home after living there previously for 10 years. I used to be very active on the Caterham forums over there, but now have a mini!

My mini is a 1964 Bakkie Pickup (SA of course). I will post the specs in the variants forum shortly. But for a teaser, here is a pic:

Attached Files

#2 ADRay

ADRay

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:44 PM

saw this on that other, much smaller US forum this morning. Nice work!

#3 DamoMini

DamoMini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:55 AM

Nice! Where in CA? Is it California registered?

#4 indifferent

indifferent

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

Yeah, well Vermont at the moment, but will be CA soon. Easy. Yeah, hope you are not talking about MiniMania....too many trolls! the Restoration Mini forum appears to be ok. I miss the UK forums. The Lotus7 club in the UK was always great. Always lots of drives, events, etc. 

#5 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,406 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

3 1/2 bods to push a Pick-up!

What's under the tonneau, gold bars?

#6 ADRay

ADRay

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, well Vermont at the moment, but will be CA soon. Easy. Yeah, hope you are not talking about MiniMania....too many trolls! the Restoration Mini forum appears to be ok. I miss the UK forums. The Lotus7 club in the UK was always great. Always lots of drives, events, etc.

nah, Restoration Mini. I’ve only been in the Mini game 5 years, and never signed up to the **** show that is MM.

Is your truck in VT too? (I’m in Southern Maine)

Edited by ADRay, 12 January 2020 - 02:24 PM.

#7 Vinay-RS

Vinay-RS

Put's foolish ideas in peoples heads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:39 PM

Remember seeing this pick up for sale locally before it left to the US. Love what the folks are MCM are doing to this car. Perfect choice for the mods. 

#8 indifferent

indifferent

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:43 AM

Remember seeing this pick up for sale locally before it left to the US. Love what the folks are MCM are doing to this car. Perfect choice for the mods. 

Yeah, looks pretty rust free overall and pretty much dent free. Good base for what it is, and roll up windows...what else do you want! OH, and the comment about 3.5 people moving the car, I think that was McGee from MCM taking a funny photo. The car will be in CA soon! I still have a lot to do when it gets here, mostly the stuff I am good at, running fuel lines, all electrics, ECU with wideband auto-tune to get me to the dyno/rolling road, dash stuff, removable steering wheel with all controls relocated there, HUD display, etc. Yeah I overdo every car I buy because it is fun. I have a few raspberry pi projects planned too......Everyone that ever gets one of my cars after I am done gets a bargain for sure. Don't think I will sell this one though. I can always get another Caterham or the like, but these are pretty special (and silly, which is perfect).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users