8 replies to this topic

#1 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

my mini clubman is a 1978 S reg.  Its been parked up in the garage for a couple year due to life house/job change i plan to bring her back out this year after a good check over. but what im wanting to know is  now its 41 years old like me..all i need to do is get some insurance and go to the post office and be mot/tax exempt.  my question is how do i do it what is the procedure.  many thanks :D

#2 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 08:57 PM

You can do the tax and MOT exemption online so long as the log book has the car as a Historic Vehicle. If not, then send of the log book to change its class.

#3 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:01 PM

if i go to the post office can they send it in on application of tax?

#4 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Local Club: mini clan

Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:46 PM

have a read at my recent post mate I did what your needing to do,http://www.theminifo...and-mot-exempt/

#5 SuperDeLuxeNick

SuperDeLuxeNick

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis Portsmouth

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:06 AM

Online you just click through to tax it as per and then at the end it will say £0.

MOT you just need to change class on V5.

#6 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:07 AM

have a read at my recent post mate I did what your needing to do,http://www.theminifo...and-mot-exempt/

thanks  ill get the insurance sorted today and ill pop along later today to the post office.

Thanks for the confirmations, its how i read it online but you know how some people over complicate thing when they misread.

#7 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:32 PM

well update.just as mercenery62 said  i went in hand with my log book and a pre printed v112 signed and letter R in the box,  no insurance paper  they have not come yet as  done 1 hour ago walked into the post office explained to the lady who looked confused but smiled, she scanned  the bottom of log book followed the on-screen instructions <asked if currently sorn> (yes) and 2 minutes later a nice smile and a printed receipt with tax of £0.  All she did was change the taxation class on logbook to history and posted of to dvla and adviced my new log book will return in 3 week if not contact dvla     

i was expecting more issues but the complicated part was the 4 hour wait for the quote of insurance from said companies...£75.13 later..insured car is still in the garage. not moved for a year  time to get her ready for winter..

#8 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Local Club: mini clan

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:36 PM

well update.just as mercenery62 said  i went in hand with my log book and a pre printed v112 signed and letter R in the box,  no insurance paper  they have not come yet as  done 1 hour ago walked into the post office explained to the lady who looked confused but smiled, she scanned  the bottom of log book followed the on-screen instructions <asked if currently sorn> (yes) and 2 minutes later a nice smile and a printed receipt with tax of £0.  All she did was change the taxation class on logbook to history and posted of to dvla and adviced my new log book will return in 3 week if not contact dvla     

i was expecting more issues but the complicated part was the 4 hour wait for the quote of insurance from said companies...£75.13 later..insured car is still in the garage. not moved for a year  time to get her ready for winter..

excellent mate welcome to the historic club lol

#9 OhDear

OhDear

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

excellent mate welcome to the historic club lol

haha thanks i was last year but lazy,  shes a 78 currently in a garage with 2 other minis i need to dig her out, oil, fuel change etc.all brakes and of we go..maybe clean  :D

Edited by OhDear, 10 January 2020 - 04:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users