Stupid Question No Doubt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lubo1967

Lubo1967
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:09 PM

Hi everyone. Recently got my hands on an 88 plate Mini. It’s got zero interior in it so looking online at dashboards but there seems to be a pile of choice. Is there a right or wrong one or are the all usable. I was hoping to get my hands on one with dials etc. Cheers

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,900 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:20 PM

Hi and welcome to TMF.

You don’t need to keep posting the same question someone will answer your first one. Give it time.

#3 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

Are you talking about aftermarket timber dashboards?
If so, they don't tend to come with dials unless you get lucky with a used one that includes them.
If all instruments are missing from your car, you need to start by acquiring a Speedo cluster. I imagine yours being an 88 model, it would have originally he a 2 instrument cluster behind the steering wheel. If you like this arrangement, then I would search for a used cluster that includes the steel mounting frame and the plastic finishing frame. This can then be installed with dash liner cards and top and bottom padded dash rails and if these are all missing. You may also new the eyeball vents that go either end if they are also missing. Everything is available used. Try minijosh who is a member on here as he stocks a lot of used spares at good prices.
If a timber dash is where you want to go, then a new one will come with fixings and you will just need to acquire an instrument cluster to screw into it and any additional gauges as applicable and to your taste.
Cheers
Ben

#4 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

Bingley Hall mini show is next sunday.  should be loads of minis, trade stands and a decent autojumble, so worth a visit if you're after inspiration and ideas and the bits and pieces needed to put them into practice  :-)

#5 SuperDeLuxeNick

SuperDeLuxeNick

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis Portsmouth

Posted 18 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

i have an 88' and have spares if you need (including dials)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users