Photo
- - - - -

Mini Is Home, Please Can I Have Recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pltudinous

pltudinous

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Hello!
So I got the mini moved. Got it running for quite a while but then died and refused to idle again. Might idle for 5-10 seconds and then cut out. Suspect it has something to do with a bad connection round the battery. But it's back home so happy days!

Anyways I'm in no position to have welding done yet, but thinking ahead are there any recommendations to have bodywork done in the South East? I have horrible oversills and the usual rust spots! I lack the skills to do a decent job myself. Like I said I need to get the car running properly first but I'm stupid and excited because he's home. Apologies if there is already a list of places I have missed!
Thanks
Pltudinous

#2 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:21 PM

Where are you based?

#3 pltudinous

pltudinous

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Ashford area, I've been to a place in Ashford before but just seeing what other people think/recommend:)

#4 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:04 PM

You could try Ben over at Mill Road Garage. He is on the Isle of Wight though. I just dropped my mini off to him for a going over.

#5 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 06:28 PM

You could try Ben over at Mill Road Garage. He is on the Isle of Wight though. I just dropped my mini off to him for a going over.

that's another vote for Ben from me he fully restored my son's mini and my midget, both threads are on the forum if you want to see his work

#6 pltudinous

pltudinous

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:21 AM

Thanks for the Isle of Wight suggestion, I'll take a look!

#7 pltudinous

pltudinous

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:38 PM

So Bens stuff looks beautiful, (I didn't actually realise it was *that* Ben, whose stuff I have seen before lurking on the forums!).

But I think getting my car across to the Isle of Wight would be difficult! I have seen a place in Maidstone called Classic Mini Craft. Does anybody on here have any experience/have any pictures/threads?

#8 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 16 May 2020 - 08:17 AM

Sussex coachworks. They have just been doing my pick up. Getting sprayed next week. Super. PM for pics or look at pick up front end post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users