Photo

Bucket Seats In A Rally Car - What Fits?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 KRM_Simon

KRM_Simon

Previously known as 'bigsimonb'.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:38 PM

Late to the party as usual, but:
I’d be another vote for motordrive, as others have said he has sold plenty of seats to the mini crowd and knows what fits, he also makes sure you fit in the seat properly with padding in all the right places, this makes a difference to comfort and safety. Plus if you want custom colours to match paint job or a logo he can do all that for you as well. He has always been very helpful when I’ve spoken to him.
Check this page of my build to see initial fitting. There is plenty of room for the roll cage, as you can see I’ve dropped it down through the crossmember but my previous car I had it sat on the cross member, it fit fine I only dropped it this time because I wanted to be sat lower. The wrap around section is bolt on, seat is homologated with or without so on for stage rally, off for road rally. Also I didn’t use this facility but I believe they have a seat shell of each model you can borrow to test fit, don’t know if this is true as I didn’t need it so never asked.

Having said that I bought a race car at the end of last year that was fitted with a cobra Sebring pro which seems pretty narrow and I find quite comfortable so when I get the chance I may try this for fit in the mini, really can’t see it being an issue.

My navigator provided me with a cobra Monaco to fit in for him to use a few years ago and I found it very uncomfortable, you could feel you were sat on a steel frame but he thought it was fine (he had more built in padding than me)

But most importantly sit in something before you buy, get the position as close toy your normal position as you can you want cushioning all the way under the back of your legs so if you sit quite close to the pedals your knees will be lifted up if there is no padding under the back of your legs as you bounce along down a stage your arse takes all of it rather than spread down your legs, leads to a comfortable seat feeling very uncomfortable within a few rough miles.

Edited by KRM_Simon, 31 March 2020 - 04:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users