#1 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

Hello all,

It has taken me ages to post this - I went to Stanford Hall mini show last year and saw a one owner mpi Mini Cooper which was fitted with a leather top dash ?? This is news to me as I didn't think that made a leather dash for Mini's, none the less he was adamant that it wasn't fitted at a later date.

Can anyone shed any light on this ? Could you get it fitted as an option ?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards and best wishes,
Mark

#2 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:32 AM

I’m not sure if it was an individual option or only available with certain packages but the definitely exist.

I’m know the Paul Smith cars all had them and maybe the Mini 40 & Cooper Sport?

#3 drs

drs

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:30 PM

it was a rover option as was the rear parcel shelf, gear knob and hand brake handle, in all the matching colors. black, stone, blue, red, etc

jcg offered lower dash and inner side panels

paul

#4 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:49 PM

Thank you for letting me know guys, I had no idea - They look incredible and I can't believe that I hadn't seen them before ?

Does anyone have any close up pictures of them ? Preferably a black one - I only as because the one I saw had stitching and a jion tapering off just before the ash tray and it looked great ?

Thank you again for your time and efforts guys and we'll speak soon

#5 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

My Cooper Sport LE (brooklands green) had a green leather top dash rail, from new in the Showroom. Oddly the bottom rail was standard and I always thought that was a bit of a shame. Half a job, much like a lot of Rover stuff around that time!! 

#6 sca

sca

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 06:54 PM

Huddersfield mini spares do a top and bottom dash cover

#7 bluedragon

bluedragon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:03 AM

Here are some pics of a Rover-sourced dash that I got 7-10 years ago from Somerford Minis. They had a good stock of leftover out-of-production Rover parts then. 

It's porcelain green, which is the color I needed. But I imagine that wasn't a high-demand color accounting for how they still had some in stock. I seem to recall other garish colors, but not conservative black.

Note how the center mounting stud already rusted, even though this has been wrapped in factory plastic the whole time and stored indoors... I bought this dash because on my original, 2 of the three studs rusted through and snapped so I was looking for a replacement anyway.

Dave

Attached Files

#8 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

Thank you for all your thoughts and input, I really appreciate it ??

Sca - Thank you for the lead, I called them today and they only have the vinyl covered dash's in stock ?

Bluedragon - Wow, I can't thank you enough, these pictures are just what I am lookibg for, would you happen to still have the dash / car or did you sell it ?

I only ask because I would really like to know the measurements from the last picture, where the stitching starts to curve down, also the gap in between the top stitching and bottom stitching too?

Sorry to be a pain and if you still have it I could send you a sketch outlining the measurements that I need ?

Thank you again for all of your help and talk soon,
Mark

#9 rich_959

rich_959

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

Not really an advocate of Minisport but they used to sell the leather covers, and if you read the description it seems they were supplied by Newton Commercial. I dare say they supplied the original rover ones? May be worth a call. 

https://www.minispor...ather-mini.html

#10 jaysmini1983

jaysmini1983

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Local Club: West Country Mini's

Posted 28 January 2020 - 08:21 AM

https://www.optimise...ash_Rail_Covers

i have these and fitted them myself before optimise offered a fitted service.

#11 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 10:10 AM

Rich_959 - Thank you for this, I will call them today and ask if they have any in the back or can get hold of some from a different supplier !!

Jaysmini1983 - Thank you for your time and the link, sadly I was hoping to find an original one that had the stictching in it like the green dash that bluedragon posted - Sorry to be a painful but I just love how that stitch comes across and over the dash, I think it finishes the Mini's dash off perfectly ??

Thank you again for all of your help and replies, I really appreciate it ?

Take care and talk soon,
Mark

#12 bluedragon

bluedragon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 01:00 PM

I still have the dash in its wrapper. I was able to fix up the studs on my original dash so I haven't used it yet.

It's packed away so it takes a bit of work to dig it out - I will try to take measurements but I'm not sure when I'll have time to dig it out from its storage place.

Dave

#13 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:46 PM

Good evening Dave,

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it, I will post a picture of the measurements that I am looking for soon but there is no rush so you take your time to dig it out ?? There is no rush ?

Thank you again for your time and help and I hope that you enjoy your weekend.

Mark

#14 maccers

maccers

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:24 PM

Here's mine, the seats and all the interior were all standard Rover, from what model I am not 100% sure, but were all re-trimmed - including the upper and lower dash. Optimise Automotive done it for me circa 2011 or 2012. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  sc.JPG   57.52K   7 downloads

#15 extreammini

extreammini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 09:36 AM

Good morning Dave,

Sorry to bother you again but I finally managed to work out how to sketch on my phone - Can you please get me the measurement between the top part of the stitching (Picture No. 1) and also between the bottom stitches (Picture No. 2).

Thank you so much for your time and help and we'll speak soon.

Mark

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users