Photo
- - - - -

Clutch Seized

Best Answer kvz2000 , 21 January 2020 - 09:09 PM

Hi All ,

well I’ve managed to sort out the clutch , once I removed the cover (wok ) I cleaned all the moving parts , replaced the slave cylinder with a new one and put it all back together. When cover was off I managed to see that the clutch assembly was moving , I used a large crowbar and levered it in and it sprung out as it should . Bled clutch and it’s all working fine , the pedal is stiff but working fine .

the car does have some modified parts and I’m wondering if it could have an unrated clutch that would make the pedal stiff .

Now at least I can drive it onto the ramp and get my first look underneath.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kvz2000

kvz2000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:17 PM

Hi All,

my mini project has a seized clutch , I have tried to drive it in 4 th and braking heavily but no joy possible because brakes are poor .Anyway I have dismantled it and looking to see if there is any way to free off by leverage the clutch , I know I should take the complete assembly out and I will do that if I have to but I’m just wanting to get gears working so I can move car about , this engine will be getting replaced so don’t want to spend any money on it . I would like to know how much of the main shaft should be showing , it looks to me as if the clutch part that the hydraulic arm pushes is too far in , when assembled the arm moves freely in and out without any pressure on it . I’ll add photo hopefully I know the shaft cover / cup thing is not showing but I do have it .

i also have a new slave to fit as old one was also seized . have the engine jacked up as mounting off to can’t start engine at the moment ..

Attached File  4F1355FB-8373-49A4-824B-71B18A223F72.jpeg   51.25K   2 downloads

#2 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 21 January 2020 - 12:40 PM

I think you are going to have to pull the flywheel, check everything and re-assemble.

No short cuts I'm afraid.

#3 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:09 PM

You could try removing the starter and grill, then sling one end of a bar against the flywheel, and gradually rotating the flywheel, thump the bar with a sledge hammer.  It worked for me on a pre Verto.

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,935 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:01 PM

Hi All,

my mini project has a seized clutch , I have tried to drive it in 4 th and braking heavily but no joy possible because brakes are poor .Anyway I have dismantled it and looking to see if there is any way to free off by leverage the clutch , I know I should take the complete assembly out and I will do that if I have to but I’m just wanting to get gears working so I can move car about , this engine will be getting replaced so don’t want to spend any money on it . I would like to know how much of the main shaft should be showing , it looks to me as if the clutch part that the hydraulic arm pushes is too far in , when assembled the arm moves freely in and out without any pressure on it . I’ll add photo hopefully I know the shaft cover / cup thing is not showing but I do have it .

i also have a new slave to fit as old one was also seized . have the engine jacked up as mounting off to can’t start engine at the moment ..

attachicon.gif 4F1355FB-8373-49A4-824B-71B18A223F72.jpeg

That is nothing adjustable. It is bolted to the part you can see. The moving pit is at the back. 

#5 kvz2000

kvz2000

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:09 PM   Best Answer

Hi All ,

well I’ve managed to sort out the clutch , once I removed the cover (wok ) I cleaned all the moving parts , replaced the slave cylinder with a new one and put it all back together. When cover was off I managed to see that the clutch assembly was moving , I used a large crowbar and levered it in and it sprung out as it should . Bled clutch and it’s all working fine , the pedal is stiff but working fine .

the car does have some modified parts and I’m wondering if it could have an unrated clutch that would make the pedal stiff .

Now at least I can drive it onto the ramp and get my first look underneath.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users