#1 Moggyman60

Moggyman60

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:09 PM

Hello everyone,

I will soon be selling the hydrolastic setup on my 1968 mini cooper, i have some bodywork to be done on the car

so thought this would be a good time to put some feelers out to see if anyone would be interested,

The displacers are in perfect condition as is all pipework and fittings,and the subfames and radius arms have been

protected with grease and underseal and they are all in amazing condition as they were all proffessionally

refurbished in the 1990's and since then the mini has done only minimal mileage .....about three to four thousand miles.

I have always wanted to try the dry suspension setup so now seems a good time.  This would really benefit someone

who is building or restoring a classic mini. 

The only items that i'm not sure of would be the rear helper springs as they have been under tension for some time on

the car and would benefit from being replaced.  If anyone is interested inthis setup i will be posting some pics of the

above very soon.

Thanks for looking :-) cheers Andy

#2 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:20 PM

..maybe pack it all away for safekeeping 'til you've had a chance to convince yourself, or otherwise, that the dry setup is for you  ?

#3 MikeRotherham

MikeRotherham

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:05 PM

I think KTS' advice is good. If you're not desperate to sell. Hang on to the bits for now to see if you prefer the dry setup.

#4 Moggyman60

Moggyman60

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

not a bad idea

cheers andy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users