1 reply to this topic

#1 Mini-Advantage

Mini-Advantage

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

My 1987 Mini Advantage needs some TLC. I have purchased two new doors for it, but I have a feeling that when I try to fit them I will find that the door hinge posts (I dont know the technical name) will need some welding. The A-panels have some rust bubbling through too, so I was looking at replacing the A-panels at the same time.

I could pay for this work to be done, but feel that I would save money if I did the welding myself (and its a good skill to have). Although, I dont have any experience of welding, but have a friend who is willing to teach me. My issue is that Although I have a single garage, I dont think there is enough space to work on the Mini.

Is there such a thing as a shared workshop in the Midlands, where I can take my Mini, borrow tools and get advice on how to do the repairs and teach myself?

Bit of a long shot, but you never know. 

Thanks Neil

#2 Wreckitralph1

Wreckitralph1

Formally known as wreckitralph

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:13 PM

the workshop space i have is 9x16 so i have less than 2 ft either side of the min ive done a full bulkhead inner wings full floor and with door posts you could wheel it out and wheel it back in  aftr working on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users