#1 gbt100

gbt100

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 03:36 PM

Hello all.

I've put together this video to demonstrate the Pscan diagnostic tool in use on my MPI. I'm very impressed by the tool and would recommend this over a T300 unit (which I also have):

I see lots of questions here and elsewhere about linking immobilisers to ECU's and this tool can do this as I show in the video. I also successfully programmed another immobiliser fob; I'm not sure how I manged for nearly 11 years with only one fob!

I've spoken to Philip at pscan and he's a really friendly and helpful guy who has immense knowledge of the MEMS systems. He has advised that if you have multiple MPI's (or Rovers) then you can also programme the one immobiliser remote to work on all of your cars.

The major advantage of Pscan is that this tool is constantly being developed and there is a support forum for it. This week I was contacted by a member on here who had bought a T300 unit and MEMS cable only to find that Rover wasn't listed as a manufacturer on the T300 tool. I personally have not had this problem but its always good to know that there is support there should you need it.

By comparison, here is my video of the T300 tool in use:

Gareth

Edited by gbt100, 04 February 2020 - 01:02 PM.

#2 toplessmini

toplessmini

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Local Club: none on the island....

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

Good video, I might have a look at getting one.

#3 g0myw

g0myw

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:20 PM

the other really good thing PScan does is log the readings.
Great for seeing the progression of readings from cold to hot .
Or if driving it will log 'on the go'.
Then over a cup of coffee / beer examine it all within excel.
Yes there are a few tweeks that would enhance the PScan system.

#4 toplessmini

toplessmini

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Local Club: none on the island....

Posted 07 June 2021 - 09:04 PM

It's been a while but i have ordered one today.......

#5 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:55 PM

The member with the T300 without Rover on it seems to have been sold a pup as I have one with Rover and it works fine.

It’s great that people continue to develop tools which can be used on our cars and after several years of buying most of the handheld units and documenting their compatibility (see pinned thread) this certainly looks good.

(I have no axe to grind having tried Sykes Pickavant, SP Diagnostics, Crypton, Snap On etc on both Spi and MPi)

Being able to programme key fobs and match ECU and 5AS together is a problem we need to be aware of now and going forward as I have helped many local members with this over the last few years.

Looks like another one to add to my collection…

FS

#6 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 11 June 2021 - 03:32 PM

I have been wondering how long my SP iKeys and other pods will keep working. I have an odd issue where one pod shows an error, but if I connect with the Pod 3, no error is lsited.

I am curious, does PSCAN show all the data points, or does it know you have a Mini connected? For example I have been using the RoverMEMS application and it shows many values not used on a Mini like oil temperature.

I do like the logging features as it it is just not practical to view live data on the SP tools when moving.

#7 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 16 June 2021 - 10:28 PM

I have been wondering how long my SP iKeys and other pods will keep working. I have an odd issue where one pod shows an error, but if I connect with the Pod 3, no error is lsited.

I am curious, does PSCAN show all the data points, or does it know you have a Mini connected? For example I have been using the RoverMEMS application and it shows many values not used on a Mini like oil temperature.

I do like the logging features as it it is just not practical to view live data on the SP tools when moving.

Which pod is showing the error and connected to which spec car? That does seem rather odd.

Over the last ten years I have two MAP pods fail both CD13, but fortunately IMAP and iKEYS utilising the SD cards have been fine.

I guess like most electronics storing them correctly helps plus replacing the cell in the later handsets before they spoilt (CR2025 or 2032 cant remember which off the top of my head).

FS

#8 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 19 June 2021 - 02:31 PM

Let me confirm what I am seeing with some tests and then I will create a new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users