#16 minicooperr

minicooperr

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:34 PM

I've done just this on my spi

I didn't want to drill the head like you said, I had a spare thermostat sandwich plate. I drilled and tapped a 1/8th npt temp sender £5 off eBay and ran a cable through the firewall to water temp gauge in the dash. Retained all the OEM sensors for the ECU etc. The radiator sender which is in the bottom of the rad so this shouldn't affect anything.

Hope this helps

Do you know what sender you used?

And for everyone else it’s a spi engine but running a hif44 carb in an older car, it’s doesn’t have the hexagonal bolt in it, just a hole but isn’t all the way through
eBay listing 183770071531,I used a crimp to connect 18 gauge wire to it, routed it into the cabin then wired it up to a stack electric water temp gauge in place of the clock in the dashboard

My head was the same and I thought if it all goes wrong a sandwich plate is easier and cheaper to replace than a head!

Perfect thank you, think I will give that a go do you have any pictures of yours?

#17 rossul.burn

rossul.burn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 09:51 PM

Here you go, I'm not convinced with the route of the wiring do this will end up getting changed

lIgBXSDl.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users