#1 CCBG

CCBG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 09 February 2020 - 03:35 PM

Sadly, this is the best photo of the car. The front ha rotted through, and the interior (what is left of it) isn't great either. 

Lots of work in store for whoever buys it.

Edited by CCBG, 07 December 2023 - 10:09 PM.

#2 absx2

absx2

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

I actually viewed the car first time around when the bidding was up to £3000 and the seller was an honest guy and the car fitted his description The Mini will need total restoration 

So I would suggest that anyone seriously interested in the car should view it prior to bidding to save the heartache on both sides.

The rust is extensive and on inspection the winning bidder is looking at a complete floor pan including the boot/rear seat pan, heal board, rear bins etc etc etc..........it`s naive to think that just because you can see metal there will actually be anything left to weld to once its been cleaned up. 

Personally I think a new Heritage shell is the way to go on this one so on this occasion my pound notes stayed in my pocket which was a shame as it looked very promising in the photos.

The seller would have much better luck using a classic auction house as there will be a lot of silly bidding on this one followed by non payment and or renegotiation whereas in a real auction the bids really are final and the real bidders turn up to see it first.

All the best to the seller and eventual buyer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users