Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,935 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:11 PM

Gets popcorn.

..??

I deal with many businesses for Mini parts and other things around the world and have been going back to the 70's. Of these, there's many I have long term business relationships and some that I started back in the early 80's that endure to this day.

I've had a few dealings with Mini Sport going back to the 80's. Everytime I've been burnt and everytime I had given them another go, thinking that 'surely they must have changed' but alas, nothing but utter and bitter disappointment. In my last dealings with they, they were quite dishonest. To me, they no longer exist.

In regards to Mini Spares, well, it's like chalk and cheeze compared to the other lot. For one thing, what they say they have in stock, they actually do. The parts have usually been of a high quality and when there's been an issue, it's been no fuss what so ever to resolve. They are delightful to deal with and many other businesses (not just Mini Spares Parts) could learnt a lot from their model.

#17 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:16 PM

Just to open this up, KAD are advertising there own steering racks on FB, no doubt superb quality

Shooter

#18 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,945 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 14 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

Just to open this up, KAD are advertising there own steering racks on FB, no doubt superb quality

Shooter

no doubt the same racks with some of their own modifications.

#19 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:34 AM

Shooter

no doubt the same racks with some of their own modifications.

Uprated guts apparently, which can't be a bad thing

Shooter

#20 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:48 PM

I believe that we must not confuse between the professionalism and diligence of a company, and the quality of its products.

Tom and Mick from Minisport are not exactly the best sellers in terms of customer service, but as I said the other day, they have items of better quality than their top rival.

#21 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

We're privileged as mini owners that we have so much choice of suppliers. Owners of other marques - even modern classics - can be stuffed when a simple but irreplaceable part can't be sourced, or are held to ransom by a sole supplier.

#22 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 20 February 2020 - 11:06 AM

We're privileged as mini owners that we have so much choice of suppliers. Owners of other marques - even modern classics - can be stuffed when a simple but irreplaceable part can't be sourced, or are held to ransom by a sole supplier.

Tell me about it! I help my dad maintain his Lancia Fulvia, a new thermostat housing recently cost us over 200 euros and it was shockingly bad. It was basically a rough casting, after a lot of sanding it finally looked somewhat presentable (the thermostat housing sits right on top of the engine so it's in full view when you open the bonnet) but the holes weren't even in the middle of the casting. There's only one real supplier in NL so he can charge what he likes. We needed a new brake master cylinder for it recently, it was over 400 euros, and that was after we got burned by a 250 euro aftermarket one that was no good either.

So yeah I'm happy to have mutliple suppliers for Mini stuff creating a bit of competition. I still get most of my stuff from MiniSpares though. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users