#1 Benito_S6

Benito_S6

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 03:54 PM

Hi all,
I’m going to view another Mini tomorrow but looking for some advice. It has been debumpered front and rear. I know the process that is needed for debumpering where it needs cutting then welding the boot floor and valance together. Has anyone got any pics/advice of what to look for in terms of how it should all look from inside the boot and underneath so I can check if its been done properly or if it’s been bodged.
Thanks

Edited by Benito_S6, 14 February 2020 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:40 PM

Just look at the finish behind the valance from underneath, the finish inside the boot along the hinge rail and look how smooth the finish is from the outside.

If there is scruffy welding that shows, excess body filler and/or sealer then it's best to walk away as chances are it's been done badly and is a major job to rectify. Front should be ok as it's just a spot welded on strip that gets cut off.

Cheers

ben

#3 Benito_S6

Benito_S6

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:52 PM

Just look at the finish behind the valance from underneath, the finish inside the boot along the hinge rail and look how smooth the finish is from the outside.
If there is scruffy welding that shows, excess body filler and/or sealer then it's best to walk away as chances are it's been done badly and is a major job to rectify. Front should be ok as it's just a spot welded on strip that gets cut off.

Cheers
ben

Nice one mate, thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users