8 replies to this topic

#1 Mick curtis

Mick curtis

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 04:53 PM

Rubber seal around 1/4 rear window perished, got a replacement from mini spares now chrome trim don’t fit over , any ideas ? Thanks

#2 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:42 PM

Do you have opening or fixed rear quarter light windows and have you bought the correct seal for the type of window?

#3 Mick curtis

Mick curtis

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:39 AM

Hi thanks for replying, I got opening one as I’m changing the rusty catches , & it’s the correct rubber seal

#4 cadmonkey

cadmonkey

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 February 2020 - 07:00 PM

Hi

I tried to place the seal as the window  catch was broken, Having got the seal from minispares I found that it was a fraction to thick to put in the SS channel frame and get it to close up. i tried different clamps but ended up getting a window from Bingley hall show for £3.

#5 floormanager

floormanager

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Sussex

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

It's a royal pain.  I read somewhere people use an inner tube, cut open instead of the rubber from minispares.  Attached is the summary I found

Attached Files

Edited by floormanager, 25 February 2020 - 09:44 PM.

#6 cp2708

cp2708

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 26 February 2020 - 09:47 AM

I ruined my stainless frame trying to do it, as above, bought a second hand one and binned the original. I cut a slot out of the body seal as like the door frame seals have so if the window glass to stainless seal leaks (and it does), the water runs out of the gap in the body seal instead of into the car. Keeps her dry on the wettest of days. 

#7 Ricester

Ricester

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:47 PM

Hey, my chrome fixers need replaced along with the catches. I can buy the catches but not the fixings on the other side. I presume these form part of the frame? I also cannot buy the frame anywhere.... where do you get the frames from? 

thanks 

#8 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 01:01 PM

Hi all ime about to do this as the actual seal that the glass sits in is all brittle so plan to use the inner tube trick, how do you get the rivets out and the nee ones back in 🤷‍♂️?
Thank you

#9 Ricester

Ricester

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 01:43 PM

Hi all ime about to do this as the actual seal that the glass sits in is all brittle so plan to use the inner tube trick, how do you get the rivets out and the nee ones back in ‍♂?
Thank you

Hey,

I dont think anyone knows, Ive posted on a number of similar posts about this and no one seems to come back. Im not sure how you get the glass away from the frame or where you can buy new frames from. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users