3 replies to this topic

#1 Jb123

Jb123

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 12:10 AM

Has anyone had anything to do with the automatic gearboxes?I'm looking at buying a converted red top mini but due to a left leg problem I've got to have an auto.For years I was a welder,mechanic and fabricator but I can't do it now but if the auto box will fit and isn't massive compared to a manual I could do that but I don't know how they compare size wise.
Thanks John.

#2 Rich1

Rich1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 07:55 PM

Has anyone had anything to do with the automatic gearboxes?I'm looking at buying a converted red top mini but due to a left leg problem I've got to have an auto.For years I was a welder,mechanic and fabricator but I can't do it now but if the auto box will fit and isn't massive compared to a manual I could do that but I don't know how they compare size wise.
Thanks John.

Can't help on this one not sure if seen one with Automatic box but sure it can be done

#3 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:10 PM

Thanks John.

Can't help on this one not sure if seen one with Automatic box but sure it can be done

Most reassuring to know that you are "sure that it can be done"

#4 imack

imack

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 15 March 2020 - 10:07 AM

A friend has got a red top with f20 box in an all speed subframe, its tight, 5mm clearance at the max.
The auto box is massive and extremely heavy compared with the f20 manual box.
I doubt there's much chance of making an auto fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users