#1 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:29 PM

EDITED:

I decided to delete my rant now that I’ve calmed down.

Since my original post I’ve had to accept the outcome of what amounts to poor service.

Yet another company added to my list that I won’t use in a hurry again.

And just to clarify, it WAS NOT Guessworks I had an issue with. In fact I’ve always found John very helpful and would not hesitate to use him in the future.

Edited by Minigman, 20 March 2020 - 06:59 PM.

#2 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

What's happened?

#3 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

Did you get mugged of your post? ?

#4 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:28 PM

Decided to delete most of blast lol

There we go, got that off my chest.

You got lucky with John, I had to chase him up to get what had been promised.  Good products though. 

#5 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:09 PM

What's happened?

Just more rubbish service and let downs.

It’s the norm these days within the classic mini ‘world’

I will expand once I rescue the current situation - I don’t want to land myself in hot water

#6 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 07:12 PM

Decided to delete most of blast lol

There we go, got that off my chest.

You got lucky with John, I had to chase him up to get what had been promised. Good products though.
I guess you saw the whole post then mate.

I’ve calmed down a bit now lol.

John at Guessworks was the best part of my latest dilemma. I bought some new Torrington bearings from him one afternoon and they arrived the next morning - can’t beat that!

It’s what happened after that with the company building my box that got me miffed.

There is definitely room in this industry for a company that care and want to do a proper job, that’s for sure.

I’m sure most people will pay for a proper job.

Edited by Minigman, 20 March 2020 - 03:21 PM.

#7 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:14 PM

A lot of people would pay more for proper quality parts too. 

I'm constantly shocked at how bad customer service is in many places not just to do with Minis.  If people would just treat others how they'd like to be treated we'd all be better off.

#8 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

My adult children get the same poor service as me but think it is OK because "everything is like that". I think because they have known no different they accept it as normal.Some of us are not getting younger so there are less people to impress.Steve..

#9 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:40 PM

My adult children get the same poor service as me but think it is OK because "everything is like that". I think because they have known no different they accept it as normal.Some of us are not getting younger so there are less people to impress.Steve..

So true. The amount of youngsters who don't say please, thank you or even goodbye is shocking but I think your right about it being the norm nowadays. It's a shame but I would think the older generation to myself probably
think the same.

#10 OzOAP

OzOAP

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:50 AM

Rubbish service and parts should be out in public domain, there is always two sides to a story, so let the company defend their products/service and let the paying public decide.
If you buy **** that doesn't fit, tell people.

#11 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:00 AM

Rubbish service and parts should be out in public domain, there is always two sides to a story, so let the company defend their products/service and let the paying public decide.
If you buy **** that doesn't fit, tell people.

There's a section on the forum here for doing just that but it isn't used an awful lot.

#12 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:28 PM

Issue now resolved, well sort of.

Twice the length of time promised and lost the parts I supplied but what can you do, it’s done.

I won’t name and shame this time but will be looking for an alternative provider next time. Or learn to do things myself if I have more time on my hands.

#13 whistler

whistler

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

I'm very confused. You've obviously had a big blast over something. Although I missed it, I now see that there is talk about a John and a John Guess. You seem to be mentioning John Guess in a positive manner but then it gets very confusing.

Can you clarify what you're complaining about otherwise some might read that John Guess is the one you're having a go at.

#14 InnoCooperExport

InnoCooperExport

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Seven Club Nederland

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:02 PM

I read the original blast and didn't comment at the time because I didn't think my opinion would add anything to the discussion. But you have my sympathies, nothing worse than getting mugged off like that. Finding someone you can trust to do the work you need doing is very difficult, especially when you get burned like that by your guy losing your premium parts and fobbing you off with whatever they used instead. To clarify, Guessworks helped him get new bearings for the idler, but his builder lost them and just used whatever.

Just to add on a personal note: John Guess is a consummate pro who has been a huge help to me when I rebuilding my gearbox. I'd never tackled something like that before and he was available for any questions, not only about the build but also parts. When I was unsure about a bearing in his kit he helped me test and said even if I wasn't happy with it after that he would send me a new one. Absolute class. 

#15 Minigman

Minigman

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:19 PM

I'm very confused. You've obviously had a big blast over something. Although I missed it, I now see that there is talk about a John and a John Guess. You seem to be mentioning John Guess in a positive manner but then it gets very confusing.

Can you clarify what you're complaining about otherwise some might read that John Guess is the one you're having a go at.

Hi Whistler.

I bought some top quality bits from John Guess who delivered them next day am. So I definitely have no problem with John, he was most helpful.

Then the company that rebuilt the box you sold me lost the bits and fitted something else to a lesser spec. And because they lost the bits I had to wait longer for the box to be completed which was quite time sensitive to the point I may not now get the engine back in the car before major surgery.

I’ve accepted the situation now and I’ve been assured the bits been installed (in place of the lost parts) are of equal standard.

Only time will tell I guess.

Edited by Minigman, 20 March 2020 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users