16 replies to this topic

#16 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

I'm very confused. You've obviously had a big blast over something. Although I missed it, I now see that there is talk about a John and a John Guess. You seem to be mentioning John Guess in a positive manner but then it gets very confusing.

Can you clarify what you're complaining about otherwise some might read that John Guess is the one you're having a go at.

Hi Whistler.

I bought some top quality bits from John Guess who delivered them next day am. So I definitely have no problem with John, he was most helpful.

Then the company that rebuilt the box you sold me lost the bits and fitted something else to a lesser spec. And because they lost the bits I had to wait longer for the box to be completed which was quite time sensitive to the point I may not now get the engine back in the car before major surgery.

I’ve accepted the situation now and I’ve been assured the bits been installed (in place of the lost parts) are of equal standard.

Only time will tell I guess.

Makes sense now. Didn't realise you were the one that bought my spare box for rebuilding. JG is very good, I've just had a few bits off him for my latest gearbox build. Hope everything works out for you.

#17 Arthy

Arthy

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 04:04 PM

I know this isn't the right section of the forum, but I can also vouch for John Guess @ Guessworks

Stripped down my gearbox and rebuilt it all in quicktime after being refurbished by someone else only a year ago!

Also re-bushed my idler gear the same day - he's very knowledgable and friendly. Top guy! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users