#16 mercenary62

mercenary62

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Local Club: mini clan

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:48 PM

I was just about to start a thread asking the same! My tax and MOT still have some months to go but still want it declared as historic asap. Does anyone know if post offices are still processing these forms? Or has anyone had any luck sending forms direct to DVLA themselves?

have a look at the thread I started a while back itl help mate ,http://www.theminifo...and-mot-exempt/

#17 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:52 PM

You usually get a build date on a heritage certificate I did with my 75 gt.

For anyone who does need to prove the build date a heritage certificate will do it but for those who just want proof of build date you can pay £6 for a web research request.  Mine was built three months before it was registered.

#18 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:17 PM

So my son took my V5C registration, my V11 tax reminder, my V112 MOT exemption and my insurance to the post office today in order to tax the Mini, he was told that it was not possible and that the documentation should be sent to DVLA.

I then go to the post office and happen to deal with the same counter assistant, I explain that I am trying to tax my Mini, she then asks me to sign the registration document and complete the declaration of change of tax status, she then informs me that she will send it to the DVLA.

#19 robminibcy

robminibcy

• Members
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 10:29 AM

Has anyone who has recently registered their mini as historic had the new v5 back yet? Did mine on the 2nd April and not yet had v5 but tax status on .gov site has been changed to say tax expires April 2021. The last v5 issue date hasnt been updated. Their contact info says they are only helping emergency workers and transport industry.

Edited by robminibcy, 30 April 2020 - 10:30 AM.

#20 unburntfuelinthemorning

unburntfuelinthemorning

• TMF+ Member
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 30 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

I haven't had mine back yet.  Forgot about it actually.

#21 wingnut

wingnut

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Same here, sent mine off on 1st April at the post office and nothing back yet.

#22 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:01 PM

So my son took my V5C registration, my V11 tax reminder, my V112 MOT exemption and my insurance to the post office today in order to tax the Mini, he was told that it was not possible and that the documentation should be sent to DVLA.

I then go to the post office and happen to deal with the same counter assistant, I explain that I am trying to tax my Mini, she then asks me to sign the registration document and complete the declaration of change of tax status, she then informs me that she will send it to the DVLA.

This morning I received a response from the DVLA, returning one half of my registration document that had been handed to the post office, and a letter asking me to complete a V10 form and return the registration document that they had returned to me?

At least they provided a pre paid envelope to return it.

#23 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:48 PM

DVLA have returned V5C, my Mini now has historic tax status :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users