#1 1293spi

1293spi

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I have recently rebuilt my mini and the problem i have is that the fuel and temp guages are not working.

I have fitted a new temp sensor and it has a brand new engine wiring loom. I also connected both fuel sender wires together and the guage rose to the top. I then replaced the sender and have checked the resistance reading as i move the arm.

Both guages are still not working but they do have power to them as they move a tiny bit when i put the ignition on.

Does anybody know which wire to check from the ecu to the guages for the temp? And any suggestions for the fuel guage? I have also checked the earth to it.

Thanks

#2 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:09 AM

Check page 455 of the PDF for the instruments and follow trace AC from the temperature gauge to page 460 to terminal 5 of the ECU.  However, two failures must have something in common and that is the voltage stabiliser.  I would check that first.

http://miniscene-unt...anual_92-96.pdf

Edited by xrocketengineer, 20 March 2020 - 01:10 AM.

#3 1293spi

1293spi

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 10:55 PM

Thanks for the link, the car is 1994 so will it have a voltage stabiliser i can change? I've been reading some other posts and they say that they are built into the clocks on later cars.

#4 xrocketengineer

xrocketengineer

Rocket Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 03:18 PM

Start by checking for a good earth connection for the fuel gauge and the voltage stabiliser on the left taillight, almost behind the fuel tank. See if the solves it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users