3 replies to this topic

#1 Abzero

Abzero

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:57 PM

Hello - i've got a 1990 mini city and it has black plastic trims on the seams running from wheel arch to wheel arch. When we got the car the trim was peeling away, so we replaced it and the replacement promptly fell off.

The original seemed to be stuck in with what appeared to be the same stuff you use on licence plates. When I put the new one it, it seemed tight - but obviously wasn't.

So i've got some more (thankfully its not expensive.) But question is how do I attach them so they don't come off? I know the vertical trims (which this care doesn't have) use metal clips.

Any recommendations?

#2 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 21 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

What condition is your seam? I've got the one from minispares and it's in solid! If it keeps coming off, clean up your seam and use a few blobs of sikoflex or tiger seal.

#3 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 11:26 AM

I had trouble my trims kept falling off my 75, 1275gt so I tried czh4316 and not had a problem at all.

http://www.minispare...ck to catalogue

#4 Abzero

Abzero

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 12:18 PM

Hi, yeah czh4316 is what we've got - they seemed solid when installing them. I think the sill was repaired at one point and possibly not as good as it once was. I'll look into the adhesive used at the right points, should help matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users