#91 Spider

Spider

Moved Into The Garage

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,923 posts
  • Local Club: South Australian Moke Club

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:58 AM

Here things have been getting tighter and tighter over the past few weeks. It looks like we are headed for a total lockdown, though, it would now be better to bring that on sooner rather than later.

Our numbers infected here and deaths - so far - are low compared to many other countries.

Many State borders have closed - which is very serreal, Western Australia as it's so big has split itself in to 9 regions and each of these have closed. Our National border has also closed.

This is going to really hurt all countries around the world and for quite a long while. We are only at the start of this and I'd say, we have around 12 to 18 months before some sort of normality will return. I only hope we all make it through OK and that not too many businesses close, however, I think that's just fairlyland thinking here.

<Edit: also, here in NSW, they have - thankfully - bought in fines, On The Spot of $1 000.00 and if the matter is referred to court, up to $11 000.00 and / of 6 months gaol if there's breaches of Social Distancing or other breaches like breaking Self Quarantine.  They have sent a message that this is serious and needs to be taken seriously. >

As someone who unfortunately has symptoms and has had to go into self isolation, let me tell you that this is about as scary as it gets.

We have been extraordinarily carefully since the virus landed in the UK and yet it appears I still managed to contract it somehow.

I do not know for certain it is covid19 as I have been told I will not be tested unless I am admitted to hospital. I can only be admitted if I cannot manage my symptoms.. 

My symptoms match and yes I have felt these things before with the flu but this time, it's different, every single symptom is about as bad as you can imagine.

People carrying on as normal believing they are invulnerable are crazy. They may not suffer from this virus if they contract it but they can very easily pass it about and potentially kill off many people.

Unfortunately there are always going to be idiots and I am not surprised about any thing I read telling us of how people are acting in a selfish way but the sooner people realise that this is very serious and stay at home, the better.

I'm not going to get into a rant about this. Everyone knows what I would say anyway as we feel the same but for anyone reading this thinking they can carry on for a bit longer should seriously reconsider if not for themselves but for others you are in contact with.

My partner has autoimmune issues and she is now at risk assuming that it is covid19 that I have so we are doing all we can to separate ourselves within our 3 bed bungalow. Yes it's lonely and boring and hard and scary but it's better than being dead

Ben, I'm very sorry to hear that you may have been exposed here, however, I am no medical expert but going on some of our Government advice, while for the most part, it does feel like the flu, they say that 2 big differences in symptoms are that you don't usually get a headache or sore muscles as you would with the flu. I really hope you have a huge headache and your muscles are aching like no tomorrow. I hope you get through this soon and look forward to seeing you happy smiling face around here soon.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by Moke Spider, 26 March 2020 - 10:28 AM.

#92 mister bridger

mister bridger

One Carb Or Two?

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

Boris has got the virus now....

#93 MacGyver

MacGyver

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:34 PM

So has the mister of health... Good sign.

Edited by MacGyver, 27 March 2020 - 05:34 PM.

#94 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:56 PM

I actually quite like Hancock

#95 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:03 PM

So do I, shame his 1/2 hour shows don't get repeated more often.

#96 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • 23,039 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:25 PM

So do I, shame his 1/2 hour shows don't get repeated more often.

A pint! That's more than an armfull  :lol:

#97 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 27 March 2020 - 06:58 PM

To be fair in think they all look sincere with wanting to do everything they can at the moment. All apart from Corbyn is more interested in saying "told you so".... It's not all about you mate!!!

#98 Mini ManannĂ¡n

Mini ManannĂ¡n

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:14 PM

To be fair in think they all look sincere with wanting to do everything they can at the moment. All apart from Corbyn is more interested in saying "told you so".... It's not all about you mate!!!

Totally feed up of Corbyn and his 'ner ner ner' attitude.
The Chief Medical Officer's got this bloody lurgy as well now, no prisoners.

#99 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • 17,944 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:43 AM

well after full work the last weeks i am now going to isolate in the garage as i need to get my flex time hours down to zero again.

but i hope the work i have been doing brings about a new contract for us.

schools still shut numbers in shops limited pubs and clubs closed take away food only no sit ins.

fun having allergies it confuses people.

just remember it is things that you touch that are the greatest risk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users