Standeman

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:34 PM

Hi all

Quick obligatory hello.

Recent purchase of a very, very rusty MK2 850 (1968), but original and generally complete (save for several disitegrated panels!!).

I thought I'd have a nice long project on my hands, but with the current situation, looks like I can crack on, assumming I can get the parts.....

I'm sure I'll be asking for lots of help and advice in the coming months...but have already started the stripdown and moving on to the the engine/gearbox/front end next week.

I'm ex-motor trade (not mechanic, but quite handy), with parts experience (actually worked for Unipart for some time.....a LONG time ago) so not completely starting from scratch.

Stay safe during these times. Speak later!

Stan

Attached Files

#2 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 23 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

Used to live in Windsor for 2 years. I was attached to the household cavalry LAD. Loved it down there, we try and visit when we can to see friends etc. So nice down there. Good luck with the mini! Don't see as many mk2s around

#3 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:37 AM

OK it may be rusty but at least it is a genuine MkII & not a 80's or 90's model with a fake ID.

Someone in the Thames Valley Mini Club is just coming to the end of their MkII rebuild, you might want to chat to him at the local monthly Club pub meet.

....OK scrub that last comment in the light of the current situation :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users