Photo
- - - - -

Hif44 Rebuild Kit

Best Answer alex-95 , 16 April 2020 - 09:41 PM

I think I bought the kit you're looking at and ended up buying a solid butterfly with out that bit. I was recommended CRK 162 on the SU website which has the solid butterfly you want.

From another thread:

It's part of the emission control, to reduce NOx. It bleeds some air in to the manifold on very high manifold vacuums, eg, coasting down a hill. There's a number (usually) stamped next to it, like 27.5. That's the in/mg vacuum at which it starts to open.

I solder them shut or fit a blank type butterfly.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:54 PM

Hi 

I've bought a HIF44 carb and looking to rebuild it. The suggested kit has the highlighted brass attachment to the butterfly

Attached File  Untitled.jpg   25.99K   0 downloads

but the existing carb doesn't have it.

Please can some explain what the attachment is

Thanks

Darren

#2 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:41 PM   Best Answer

I think I bought the kit you're looking at and ended up buying a solid butterfly with out that bit. I was recommended CRK 162 on the SU website which has the solid butterfly you want.

From another thread:

It's part of the emission control, to reduce NOx. It bleeds some air in to the manifold on very high manifold vacuums, eg, coasting down a hill. There's a number (usually) stamped next to it, like 27.5. That's the in/mg vacuum at which it starts to open.

#3 Turbo Phil

Turbo Phil

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria Classic Mini Club

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:19 PM

As suggested above bin it. Solder the hole or get a solid butterfly. They are a huge restriction to airflow to.

Phil.

#4 JDImini

JDImini

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:54 PM

As suggested above bin it. Solder the hole or get a solid butterfly. They are a huge restriction to airflow to.

Phil.

From another thread:

Thank you both! very helpful  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users