• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 moogle

moogle
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:32 PM

Hello! 

I purchased a 1994 Rover Mini Sprite and simply fell in love with her. She is so much fun and a blast (I say this now) to work on. I know next to nothing about Mini's but have been reading the Haynes Manuals for it as well as the Restoration manual for a few years. My family and I moved back to the UK and as owning a Classic Mini is truly my dream car. We were able to get one and now I am jumping in head first in to small projects before tackling the larger ones. I am learning about MOT's and other features of the UK as I work on getting my full licence here. I drove for almost 15 years back home so it is very different for me to be considered a "new" driver here. (LOL) 

I have a spreadsheet already of part numbers as reasons why each item was purchased, when and from where. I have quickly discovered you can't "trust" if it says it will "fit" your car. I ordered an oil filter and it didn't not! Same with the Wipers. Oh well, you live and learn. :) 

My big projects I have coming up are:

Ball Joints - these have been on the MOT for the last 4ish Years. From what I know, a small amount of play is normal, but from the amount of times it has been on the MOT; It will help my piece of mind to check into it a bit more. Possible remove or add a shim or two. 

Bleed the radiator as it looks a bit off when you look at the mixture.

New Exhaust - My current one dropped out today while on a drive around the bay. I was able to drive it back home before the middle section fell out as well. I am currently waiting for it to cool down as well as some research before getting her up in the air and look under to find out if only the middle and end is needed or if I have to take everything down. 

I have a possible ground issue on my front passenger side indicator. It works with the lights on however if off...it acts like a bulb is bad. However currently...it is working. One of the joys of a mini...sometimes things work...and others they don't. That is what I have been told so far. One day, I would LOVE to do a complete rewire of her as some of the wiring looks a bit cut, cut and just pushed together. 

Smaller Projects - Not required right away 

I would love to figure out a way to upgrade the wiper system to allow better wipers. I.E - hook wipers instead of clip on 

My doors need some love as one of the caddies is falling off. This might be as simple as getting the right bolts for the job. 

It is nice to emeet everyone. 

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:13 PM

Hi
Parts can be a lottery. Apart from the big 2, Moss Europe is pretty good and minimine on eBay. Good luck.

#3 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:30 PM

I do most of my mini shopping at the car shows. Sadly there arent many this year but once they start up again they are worth going to for parts alone. I make lists of parts i want and just grab everything at shows. You can generally touch and see everything to check for quality.

#4 clubman91

clubman91

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:55 AM

Hello,
Hook type wiper arms are available.
https://www.minispar...px|Back to shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users