#1 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:26 PM

To one and all on TMF, if you happen to own a Neff Oven this may save you some money.

Yesterday when i switched the fan oven on to cook dinner, there was a massive blue flash and nothing. No power at all, one dead oven. Mmmm so opened the door and nothing obvious so checked the light and basically the bulb had blown off the metal conductor??? Weird.

So checked the breakers in the garage and the oven one had popped. So gingerly reset it and it stayed selected. back to the oven and the clock was flashing 00:00 so that was a little victory. However the fan oven was still dead as a dodo but the top oven / grill worked fine. Damn.

So went and hit the interweb and had a good look around the Neff site. Not a lot of help there and all it said was call for one of their engineers. £99 for them to rock up and not including parts. Knickers to that noise, time to have a good search to see if there is a hidden fuse. Nothing online at all. No wiring diagram for my particular oven, so a dead end there. Back to Neff and have a look at there parts list for my oven. AND nothing to hint at a fuse, damn.

Right power off and took it out of the cabinet to see what was what. Nothing obvious so off with the back panel. Lots of wires but no damage and no fuse. So off came the top panel that covers the main selectors. AND nothing. Damn.

By now i'm looking at having to call an engineer. The wife checked to see if we had extended warranty but no joy. So she rang the local Neff supplier for our area which happens to be DB domestics dow sea rd in Eastbourne. She talked to this chap for a few minutes after explaining what had happened and he said "reset your clock"

Now it cant be that simple can it, baring in mind there was nothing on the Neff website that mentioned this. Wife reset it and BINGO it worked. New bulb later for £2.50 and that was it.

So if you happen to come across this for a Neff built in oven or even another make, trying resetting the clock first if you had total power loss. It can save you a flipping fortune. The clock is used for the settings for the fan oven, timer etc etc.

#2 clubman91

clubman91

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:58 AM

My BEKO fan oven is the same you have to have the clock set to get it to come on

#3 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

Great fix but your wife gets the credit for this ??

#4 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

Thats pretty much the same with all electric ovens, until you set the clock they don't work.

#5 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 06:14 PM

Thats pretty much the same with all electric ovens, until you set the clock they don't work.

The fact of the matter here is that Neff on their own website state that if your oven does not work then call their engineer out £99. Nothing mentioned about "have you reset the clock" first. And the top oven did work. However its not connected to the clock that was what puzzled me.

I had a failure in the fact it tripped the breaker. this had me concerned to start with so it would be logical to assume something had failed. I took a chance by resetting the breaker, but that was part of the trouble shooting. If i was more proficient with a multi meter i would have started to check things out but i'm not. 

Now i know what to do so a lesson learnt.

#6 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:06 PM

Duly noted and stored away for future reference! Got two of them ordered for our new kitchen.

#7 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 15,884 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 06:08 PM

Duly noted and stored away for future reference! Got two of them ordered for our new kitchen.

This one we have is a cracking bit of kit and we have their Five ring induction hob as well. Neither of them cheap but they look the part and the finish on them is really good. 

I would defo buy them again.

#8 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:43 PM

Thank you mate! I have the same kit inc the induction hob - I’m printing out and putting in the folder of kitchen bumpf 

FS

#9 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:20 PM

This one we have is a cracking bit of kit and we have their Five ring induction hob as well. Neither of them cheap but they look the part and the finish on them is really good. 

I would defo buy them again.

Yep the induction hob is on the list as well, looing forward to it!

#10 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:28 PM

Bosch/Neff/Siemens are about the best you can buy and all the same company.

The Neff Slide n Hide are expensive for what they are but are a cracking oven.

I fit these all day long in my job (when I go back that is... bring on 1st July :( )

Beko are good for the price that they cost but there are much better out there for a similar price, just depends how deep your pockets are.

by the way 1st thing we ask customers if they ring up and say their oven isnt working "have you reset your clock?" usually the answer is no...

#11 Dannyboolahlah

Dannyboolahlah

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:55 AM

I've fitted loads of these Neff ovens, and the thing that frustrated me the most is also to do with the clock...
A lot of people have 2 or more next to each other, but theres no way to sync the clocks together so they're always slightly out.
I couldn't own them for that reason!
Same with most brands though, not just a Neff issue.

#12 Mini Manannán

Mini Manannán

Well I'll be buggered if I can find it

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,824 posts
  • Local Club: man Estate

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:49 AM

Touch wood our Neff won't throw a wobbler like that but I've logged that in the 'just in case' file. Tis a weird one.

#13 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:40 PM

Had this problem today as a call out. Oven doesnt work when we switch it on at the isolator. It just flashes.
Set clock. 39 quid. Cheers see ya.
Believe it or not it's quite common

#14 surfblue

surfblue

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 05:17 PM

I've fitted loads of these Neff ovens, and the thing that frustrated me the most is also to do with the clock...
A lot of people have 2 or more next to each other, but theres no way to sync the clocks together so they're always slightly out.

That would be annoying!, can you have a different display so that no clock shows on one?

#15 Dannyboolahlah

Dannyboolahlah

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:36 PM

That would be annoying!, can you have a different display so that no clock shows on one?

Nope. When switched off they just display the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users