#1 mgjalopy

mgjalopy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:49 AM

Hi guys

I have recurring problems with my headlights. I lose head, side, rear and panel lights but everything else works. I have seen various mentions on the forum about separate fuses and inline fuses etc. but am not sure what should be correct for my car. I'm planning to get all the wiring renewed but don't want them to simply replicate what currently exists if it's not the way it's supposed to be. Seems to me that it should not be possible to lose all the the lights at the same time, (unless the actual switch goes wrong I suppose). The panel switch went wrong a while back, so I know that it's relatively new. I'm not a mechanic, so replies that are not too technical would be appreciated!

Cheers!

#2 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 12:58 PM

the common factor to these circuits is the panel switch and the feed to it (brown wire) from the fuse box, so worth checking the connections of the 2 brown wires (i believe) at the fuse box to make sure they're not loose or corroded, or just need a quick clean to get a good connection

#3 mgjalopy

mgjalopy

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

Thanks. Do you know the answer to my query about fuses etc.? Are there supposed to be separate fuses so all the lights don't go at the same time.

#4 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 05:26 PM

not sure when it changed, but for a long time only the sidelights were on a fused circuit - dip and main were unfused

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users