#1 markb

markb

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 11:56 AM

Hi

I know a great deal of discussion has gone on with regard to the A series central locking kit! I bought one in 2013 and have only just fitted it and it works well for me at the moment. At the time of purchase A series said 'phone back and they will explain how to wire it into the 5AS system to work off a sole key fob. Obviously they are no longer around and I just wondered if anyone has done this and can let me know how to wire it?

Any help really welcomed.

#2 Tumbleweed-Connection

Tumbleweed-Connection

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 05 December 2020 - 06:32 PM

Hi,

Not that I can help with your question, unfortunately but does this mean you might happen to have a copy of the fitting instructions and the associated templates for where to mount the door plates and drill the small hole below the door latch? 

I don't have any of the electrics from the kit otherwise I would gladly help - only the mechanical bits. I'm struggling to know how the plate is supposed to secure inside the door as there are no holes in the plate itself.

Hope you can help and we'll get your question a bit of a bump in the process.

#3 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

Not that I can help with your question, unfortunately but does this mean you might happen to have a copy of the fitting instructions and the associated templates for where to mount the door plates and drill the small hole below the door latch? 

I don't have any of the electrics from the kit otherwise I would gladly help - only the mechanical bits. I'm struggling to know how the plate is supposed to secure inside the door as there are no holes in the plate itself.

I do

#4 Tumbleweed-Connection

Tumbleweed-Connection

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 05 December 2020 - 09:57 PM

Hi,

I do

Great - would you maybe mind forwarding them on, if you can? I know they're not the best instructions, but would help me understand better how to fit the plates to the door.

#5 Carlos W

Carlos W

Mine is purple, but I have been told that's normal

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,110 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:21 PM

Hi,

I do

Great - would you maybe mind forwarding them on, if you can? I know they're not the best instructions, but would help me understand better how to fit the plates to the door.

Pm me your email address

#6 blakie

blakie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 06 December 2020 - 09:18 AM

Out of interest and sorry to hijack the thread, but what's the difference between a 5as alarm and a 10as alarm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users