#1 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:04 PM

The doors on my 1989 racing green have never shut well.today I spent some time diagnosing why.The rubber bung on the check strap is catching on the hole in the pillar.There seems a lot of side to side movement but nothing to guide it away from the hole.This is made worse when the vinyl and eyeballs are fitted.What am I missing please?Steve...

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:26 PM

Make sure the vents are angled so the check strap clears it.

I have sometimes had to enlarge the holes in the outer skin of the A post to allow the check strap to fit.

#3 sonscar

sonscar

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:36 PM

Thanks for your reply.It was praying on my mind so I have just got in from the garage where judicial application of hammer and drift has dressed back the edges of the holes.The strap still has no direction but does not now catch.One of those small problems you soon ignore "character". I found I had to keep opening the door and marvelling at how well it now closes.Simple pleasures eh?.Steve..

#4 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for your reply.It was praying on my mind so I have just got in from the garage where judicial application of hammer and drift has dressed back the edges of the holes.The strap still has no direction but does not now catch.One of those small problems you soon ignore "character". I found I had to keep opening the door and marvelling at how well it now closes.Simple pleasures eh?.Steve..

Simple pleasures and a couple taps eith a BFH soon fix everything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users