4 replies to this topic

#1 Tremelune

Tremelune

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

I swear I saw a thread discussing ventilated seats for these cars, but I can't find it at all...

Does such a thing exist? I'd like to put a set in my Mini and my MGB, but the only fittable seats we've got on this side of the pond are from old Miatas or even older Fieros...

#2 hazpalmer14

hazpalmer14

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Local Club: cumbria mini cruisers

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:07 PM

my mk3 mondeo has cooled seats, think they just have small fans in them that you can hear

#3 Tahiti Joe

Tahiti Joe

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:34 PM

Cooled seats are available, but I'm unsure if you'll find anything suitable for fitting in a Mini. Some just have fans in the bases and through ducting run air through small holes in the seat. Some of the more advanced ones actually use the vehicles air conditioning and then duct the  cool air up through the seats, fitted to Lexus's, Range Rovers and other vehicles like that...

Big issue I think is that they all tend to be fitted in larger saloons/estates and 4x4s, I think you'll struggle to find anything that'll fit in a Mini!

#4 MrBounce

MrBounce

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 08:32 PM

The only time I've experienced air conditioned seats was ironically on holiday in California where we hired a GMC Yukon XL. It was bleeping ENORMOUS. I think you'd struggle to get those bad boys and their associated gubbins anywhere near the size needed for a Mini  :lol:

8wZNtfr.jpg

#5 surfblue

surfblue

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:11 PM

We had a GMC monster 4x4 last time we were in Florida. Absolute bliss getting into a baking hot car that had been sitting in a theme park car park all day, turning on the AC and cooled seats heading back to the villa for a cold beer!

I have heated leather seats in my Freelander 2, also bliss on a frosty morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users