5 replies to this topic

#1 SidewalkLEW

SidewalkLEW

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

Can't get my '95 spi mini to pass its MOT, it only fails on its emissions. I have changed all the vacuum pipes and the fuel trap, as well as putting a fuel additive to try and reduce the emissions. I made sure it was warmed up properly before the test. But still failed, I have looked through so many threads but can't find anything else apart from getting a diagnostic reader.

Also have the last emissions test results:

Fast Idle Test:

CO %vol: 2.347

HC ppm vol: 232

Lambda: 0.976

Second Fast Idle Test:

CO %vol: 1.799

HC ppm vol: 153

Lambda: 0.984

Natural Idle Test:

CO %vol: 1.375

#2 ClassicAsh

ClassicAsh

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:32 PM

I had the very same problem with mine, but once I found an garage that knew about Minis then it was ok, passed first time with them. so I would advise finding a mini friendly garage/mot place.

#3 Pops_Guild

Pops_Guild

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:14 AM

Fraid you will need to get hold of a diagnostic reader. It could be one or two of the sensor parts that is giving the ECU the wrong info and you’ll need a reader to help you there.

Where are you based? There is a pinned thread of folks who are willing to lend their readers out.

#4 SidewalkLEW

SidewalkLEW

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:20 PM

Fraid you will need to get hold of a diagnostic reader. It could be one or two of the sensor parts that is giving the ECU the wrong info and you’ll need a reader to help you there.

Where are you based? There is a pinned thread of folks who are willing to lend their readers out.

Yeah, I thought as much. I'm based near Norwich, so I'll have a look and hope someone near me has one.

#5 Squipper

Squipper

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:32 PM

Hi

I have a Sykes Pickavant ACR4 code reader with 3 mini code pods and all the connectors, bought last year but never used yet.  And to be honest haven't a clue how to use, if you know how to use it, you welcome to use.

Regards Fluf

#6 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:05 PM

Here in the forum "SPI Code Reader" https://memsfcr.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users