With the inside stripped out, it's time to remove the engine and running gear.
fully expecting everything to be seized solid, I decided the best approach was to disconnect the the bare minimum and lift the body off of the subframes.
First job was the front subframe and engine.
I disconnected the heater hoses, brake and clutch lines, throttle and choke cables and removed the carb as well as a few other bits
Then after removing the exhaust and unbolting the gear selector from the floor mounts I unbolted the shock absorbers, track rod ends, teardrop mounts and toeboard mounts.
Then I lowered the front of the car onto the floor and unbolted the tower bolts.
With the engine and frame free from the car, I got some help wheelbarrowing the shell over and off of the engine/subframe
It went really smoothly and despite me expecting everything to be seized, it all came apart beautifully.