#1 geepeetee

geepeetee

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Hi

I have our 92 Open Classic about ready for the MOT after 9 years laid up / ongoing restoration. Both front / rear suspension, steering and drivshafts have been stripped and rebuilt. The rear subframe has also been off, refurbished and refitted.

Prior to taking it for MOT and tracking check i wanted to chec rear wheel alignment. I found an article suggesting passing a loop of string around the càr through all 4 wheel centres and measuring toe in/out on the rear wheels.

Ive done this and both toe in, drivers side is 6mm and passenger side is 2mm. Thoughts on this appreciated.

I understand shims can be fiited to adjust. Is either correct? How critical are the rear? Or do they just need to be the same?

Thanks in advance
Gary

#2 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:41 PM

Hi

I have our 92 Open Classic about ready for the MOT after 9 years laid up / ongoing restoration. Both front / rear suspension, steering and drivshafts have been stripped and rebuilt. The rear subframe has also been off, refurbished and refitted.

Prior to taking it for MOT and tracking check i wanted to chec rear wheel alignment. I found an article suggesting passing a loop of string around the càr through all 4 wheel centres and measuring toe in/out on the rear wheels.

Ive done this and both toe in, drivers side is 6mm and passenger side is 2mm. Thoughts on this appreciated.

I understand shims can be fiited to adjust. Is either correct? How critical are the rear? Or do they just need to be the same?

Thanks in advance
Gary

Hi Gary have a read of this.

https://www.calverst...-set-up-method/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users