2 replies to this topic

#1 Norris73

Norris73

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 04:20 PM

Been working on a year 2000 MPI cooper sport today. For as long as I can remember the heater matrix/take off pipes have been leaking slightly, today I removed the matrix and went to fit new o ring seals and take off pipes. The matrix looks as new and no sign of any leaking inside the heater box. However inside the outlet for hose that connects back to the engine bay (the one further back towards the firwewall/not the one that goes to the heater valve behind the dash), the piece of plastic as pictured was found. Thie outlet that was leaking the most was the one that I found this piece of plastic in. I cant imagine it was supposed to be where I found it? Does anyone know what it is/were it is from? I cant imagine its from the matrix itself. I would rather it not in the cooling system!

The plastic part looks have been folded in the middle and would have been a single run originally, the loop end was facing towards the outlet, it was not solidly stuck and pulled free easily.. The ends are not cleanly cut look to have been snapped?

Appreciate any help in identifying this.

With this removed from the matrix and the new o rings, the heater works perfectly, and doesn’t leak for the first time in 5 years!

Thanks,

Olie

Attached Files

#2 minifreek1

minifreek1

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.O.C

Posted 24 July 2020 - 05:30 PM

Thats for the spiralux valve thats in the exact centre of the heater matrix....

Is the matrix blowing warm constantly?

#3 steeley

steeley

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

It’s either that or a long piece of fusilli ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users