No replies to this topic

#1 Jake42

Jake42

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

Hello, new to the forum here. I recently pick up a 85 Mini as a surprise gift for my wife, for her birthday coming up (she owned a 2005 and always wanted a classic).

I'm diffidently a car guy, just have no experience with Mini's yet, looking for forward to working on it. The car is at a friend house and I think I really found a good one, paint and rust has already been taken care of, interior not bad. The car seems pretty much stock.

Attached File  20191021_112218a-min.jpg   70.04K   0 downloads

So all I really need to do, before big reveal is just add some cool mini accessories and fix little cosmetic things.

I had bought 2 driving light for it and was looking at it the other day and had some questions on the install. I bought the stainless brackets to attach, but a little unsure as how they go. On her car, ( black stock bumper) the bumper bolt goes in from the back, to a welded or captured nut on top. So if my bracket that has a welded bolt on it and it looks as if that goes through where the bumper bolt goes. Do I need to remove that captured nut on top on bumper and reverse it to the bottom? Is my bumper mounted upside down perchance? Also the small hole that is right behind bumper bolt and near grill is also for a bolt to stabilize bracket, but I noticed there are 4 sheet metal walls forming a box behind that hole. (right where tow (eye) bolt is. So I can't access that area to put a nut on the back of bolt...? Do you guys end up cutting a bit off the top of the sheet metal to access the back of that hole?

Attached File  light bracket-min.jpg   41.33K   0 downloads  (internet pic)

Also was looking at getting rid of the stock steel wheels for 12x5 Rover looking Alloy wheels. Having trouble getting a right answer on the correct backspacing.

Just want a nice tire set up that goes right to edge of stock fender flares. I'm seeing +14mm, +30, etc... I know I'll be safe with the 5inch wide ones not looking too wide. Just want the correct BS so It's doesn't stick out or rub anywhere on inside of fender.

Was looking at these.

https://usa.minispor...re-package.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users