#1 kkeith

kkeith

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

Hi, 

I sheared the bolt off my son's Brake Servo (costly mistake). Have ordered a new unit as didn't like the look of repairing the unit, which looks all of its 24 years old and I am pushed for time. The new unit doesn't come with the vacuum hose (the one with the valve inline that goes to the inlet manifold). Trouble is, trying to get the old hard plastic hose off the servo end is beating me. It turns but just won't pull off. I've tried mild heat from a hairdryer but still no joy. I could cut it off of course but then the pipe will be too short. No one seems to sell the pipes anymore. Can I use standard hose (fuel hose for example) providing I keep the valve inline? 

OR, can I just remove the who thing from the servo and put into the new unit? Assume I'd need a new grommet? 

Thanks 

Kevin

Edited by kkeith, 27 July 2020 - 10:19 AM.

#2 GraemeC

GraemeC

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:31 AM

You need hose made for a vacuum application (not fuel hose):

https://www.carbuild...um-hose-13mm-id

You may get away with pulling the fitting from the old servo, but would certainly require a new sealing washer.

#3 whistler

whistler

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

I bought a metre of rubber vacuum hose from ebay, cut it in half and refitted the non return valve with jubilee clips.

#4 kkeith

kkeith

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 12:42 PM

Hi, 

I sheared the bolt off my son's Brake Servo (costly mistake). Have ordered a new unit as didn't like the look of repairing the unit, which looks all of its 24 years old and I am pushed for time. The new unit doesn't come with the vacuum hose (the one with the valve inline that goes to the inlet manifold). Trouble is, trying to get the old hard plastic hose off the servo end is beating me. It turns but just won't pull off. I've tried mild heat from a hairdryer but still no joy. I could cut it off of course but then the pipe will be too short. No one seems to sell the pipes anymore. Can I use standard hose (fuel hose for example) providing I keep the valve inline? 

OR, can I just remove the who thing from the servo and put into the new unit? Assume I'd need a new grommet? 

Thanks 

Kevin

By way of update, I managed to get the original one off the servo and it all looks ok. Will use a new grommet if needed. Thanks for replies - super helpful as always. Cheers 

#5 Z4Sprite

Z4Sprite

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:22 PM

Hi Keith,

How did you get it off in the end?

Was it the right angle fitting at the servo end you managed to remove?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users