#1 hulsmeier

hulsmeier

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 07:28 AM

Hi

Looking for recommendations as to how the magnum inner wing/ flitch repair panel fits with relation to the a-panel and getting the gaps right with the door.

Cheers

Edited by hulsmeier, 29 July 2020 - 07:28 AM.

#2 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,766 posts
  • Name: Neil
  • Local Club: EDMC

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:55 PM

They are not the best and will take a bit of tweaking. Each one i have fitted i have had to section to get the curveture correct in relation to the the A panel at the top. Other than that they work as advertised.

#3 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 14,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 12:59 PM

This part of the flitch, this was after the sectioning.

f4cf59a0a1779f63d1deb331d7850ab1dec2ed70

#4 hulsmeier

hulsmeier

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:19 PM

Great, thanks for the reply. It looks perfect when i trial fit it but starts to move outwards at the top like you're showing.

With regards to where the lip on the a-panel bends over, it looks as if it fits better in the middle of the lip and doesn't have the right profile at the top and bottom of the flitch, is this normal?

#5 sonikk4

sonikk4

• Admin
  • 14,766 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

Great, thanks for the reply. It looks perfect when i trial fit it but starts to move outwards at the top like you're showing.

With regards to where the lip on the a-panel bends over, it looks as if it fits better in the middle of the lip and doesn't have the right profile at the top and bottom of the flitch, is this normal?

They are poorly pressed panels to be honest and so you will need to tweak things around. I adjust where required but it will come good.

I'm a fussy bugger so i play around for sometime to get a decent fit and in the past have sectioned the lip further down as well.

#6 hulsmeier

hulsmeier

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:59 AM

They are poorly pressed panels to be honest and so you will need to tweak things around. I adjust where required but it will come good.

I'm a fussy bugger so i play around for sometime to get a decent fit and in the past have sectioned the lip further down as well.

You weren't wrong about that panel being poorly pressed. I've managed to get the profile right sectioning it's advised, thankS again for the tip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares