• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 carter27

carter27
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:00 PM

hi guys,

i have a mini cooper 1994 spi which i recenly brought  it has been stored for a few years under cover , i have a spark at the plugs if i put a little petrol down the intake the engine will fire up for a few seconds, the petrol pump was not running so replaced it with KEMSO 340LPH High Performance Fuel Pump for MINI 1.3i (Spi & Mpi) 1992+

the pump now runs all the time the igntion is turned on and you can hear the petrol pumping through the pipes to the injection unit and back to the tank, i thought that the pump ran up to a pressure then stopped when at pressure? it seems that my injector is not working, anybody any thoughts..??

carter27

#2 FlyingScot

FlyingScot

Up Into Fourth

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 02 August 2020 - 07:59 PM

In fact it sounds like the fuel pump relay is burnt and jammed in the MFU or the ECU is faulty. The pump should run for 5 to 7 seconds once power is applied. It should then cut out. It is not on pressure as there is no pressure sensor in the fuel line. 
If the MFU is faulty or the ECU is then either the relay is stuck supplying constant power to the pump, the ECU is calling for fuel (ie faulty) OR someone has butchered the wiring to supply a constant feed to the fuel pump - which probably burned out the last one.....

FS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users