Up for sale is a manual 1986 Mini Mayfair with low mileage. It was off the road for around 8 years, but it has had a lot of work done to it in that time. The car's undergone extensive work to improve the look of it, and much time spent underneath with the welder and underseal to make sure it lives on as a true future classic. This is a great little car which starts first time, every time.
Viewings are possible. It has a valid MOT (expiring 27/09/2020) so can be driven away.
Looking for £5,250 however I am open to offers on it. The car is located in South London (postcode area SM6).
Below is a summary of work undertaken in my 18 months of ownership, however if you want more information then please feel free to contact me through eBay. Reason for sale is I now have a long commute, and sadly the Mini just isn't right for me for this. Will be very sad to see it go, but would love to see it go to a new owner who can properly enjoy it!
- Repainted in Summer 2019 to Rover Mini British Racing Green, with a classic white roof and vinyl bonnet stripes
- Rear end welded in 2017 due to the common areas of rust, and fully undersealed
- Small patch welded in in 2019 under the rear passenger footwell as there were signs of rust, which was also epoxy primered, seam sealed then undersealed
- Whole underside & wheel arches of the car undersealed with Dinitrol 4941 in Summer 2019
- Added new plastic arch trims with rivnuts so they are easily removed
- Replaced front, rear and rear quarter rubbers, (and repaired any rust coming through behind them)
- Replacement front windscreen in 2018
- Full service (oil & filter, coolant, brake fluid, air filter, spark plugs, distributor cap, washer fluid) completed in Summer 2019
- Carbouretter rebuilt in 2019
- Additional oil change carried out in Spring 2020
- Discs, pads and drum shoes replaced in Summer 2019
- New brake master cylinder and rear drum cylinder in Winter 2019
- Front subframe mounts replaced in Spring 2020 (tear drops, strut top tower rubbers & firewall blocks)
- Replacement thermostat fitted and steering rack replaced in Summer 2020
- Accessory fusebox fitted to power radio & middle cluster gauges
- Oil pressure & voltmeter fitted with dashboard
- Rear radius arm camber/toe adjustment plates fitted
- New battery fitted in Summer 2019
- Discreet cutoff switch fitted which cuts power to the distributor to prevent theft
- All seats custom reupholstered with automotive grade premium vinyl trimmed with British Racing Green piping
- Matching custom doorcards with aluminium ironmongery (have also got the door pockets which can be added)
- Mini Sport leather steering wheel
- Walnut dashboard with removable glovebox
- DAB Radio with USB/iPhone/Bluetooth connectivity (cost £275 brand new)
- Pioneer 6x9 speakers in the rear parcel shelf
- Hammerite painted interior floor to prevent any rust
- Dynamat style sound deadening & new carpet fitted
- Carpeted boot liner panels with spare wheel
- Steering wheel lock & Haynes manual included in sale
- Small oil leak from the rocker cover (just needs a new seal)
- Small oil leak from the driveshaft seal into the gearbox
- Slight crack in the clearcoat of the dashboard (see image). Can probably be fixed by sanding back slightly and packing with resin before polishing.
- Slight dent/scratch on the front chrome bumper, on the passenger side as it curves round to the wing
To give you an idea of what it looked like when I bought it (March 2019):
Edited by 20Drift, 25 August 2020 - 07:37 PM.