13 replies to this topic

#1 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 06:09 PM

Anyone got a set? I am looking for new 12's to go on my mini and ive been eyeing these for a while. I was hoping to get a set in my hands at this years L2B but that didnt happen so ive held off on the purchase. Seems the reviews are kinda split 50/50 as to how good they are.

#2 Curley

Curley

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Local Club: Not MINI friendly

Posted 05 September 2020 - 06:54 PM

http://www.force-rac....co.uk/wheels/  ;D

#3 clubby80

clubby80

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 11:32 PM

Purchased some 10x6 ST10's recently. Carl was very helpful in confirming inner and outer barrel sizes for my arches and responsive to any and all questions.

Wheels arrived and very pleased with the quality of materials and workmanship. Only minor gripe is the ST10 mounting face requires the second lip of the drive flange to be milled off to ensure a flush fit against the wheel, but this is clearly stated on the website (assume there is a reason the centre billet cant be machined appropriately if this is a know fitment issue though..?).

All in all great product and service  :shades:

#4 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 11:14 AM

I absolutely love my TF Turbos, fantastic Quality, and Carl is a very friendly and knowledgeable bloke. I recently bought a pair of brand new splits from Image Wheels, but I find the quality from Force Racing to be much higher.  

#5 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for the info guys. Im still undecided though. I would love to give them a but i really need to get a set in my hands to check out. There is just too much negative reviews about them sadly.

What other split rim manufactures are there? Those image wheels look top notch but not really in the size or style i would like.

#6 MiniGT5

MiniGT5

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Local Club: www.edmc.co.uk

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:46 PM

You could try MB racing or MED do a spectrum replica wheel but only in 7x10 if they did them in 6x10 I would be getting them

#7 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:38 PM

Curious to know where you've heard negative reviews about Force Racing? I've only ever heard great things, which match my experience with him. 

#8 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:50 PM

Various places. Its about a 50/50 mix of good and bad reviews. Online searches bring things up, talking to people at car shows and asking around. Really the lack of total overall reviews is what raises some concerns for me. Thats why i was hoping to get a set in my hands so i could see them before i bought them.

#9 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:02 PM

Well i am not having any luck contacting Force racing despite numerous calls and emails inquiring about buying a set of rims so i guess part of the rumours i heard about them are true.
It looks like Image wheels make decent rims. Anyone have experience with them?

#10 Chris1992

Chris1992

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:02 AM

Well i am not having any luck contacting Force racing despite numerous calls and emails inquiring about buying a set of rims so i guess part of the rumours i heard about them are true.
It looks like Image wheels make decent rims. Anyone have experience with them?

Strange, he was very easy to contact when I got my wheels, always answered the phone. Maybe try contacting him on Facebook? 

I have both Force Racing and Image Wheels on my Mini, and I have to say that while Image customer service is superb, I find the build quality of Force Racing to be superior. 

Here's a phot of my car. Front wheels are Force Racing TF Turbos, and rear wheels are Image Billet 19s   

fcVlwOt.jpg

#11 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:19 AM

I bought mine last month off Carl and had no issues with communications, email got answered within a day or 2. If he is working on machines he wont hear the phone so try at break times, I always called during lunch

The quality of the wheels is worth it

Attached Files

#12 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the pics. I love the gold contrasting colour which is what i am looking at doing for my nordic blue mini.

I have tried contacting Force Racing for well over two weeks by various means. I never heard anything back. I sent Image a quick email last night and within minutes I got a very detailed reply back answering all my questions. I cant argue with that level of customer service so they are getting my business.

I am going with either the type 3 or type 93. I havent decided yet. They have a two month lead time so they will probably be a christmas present to myself. To kit352, from kit352. Certainly going to be the best present under the tree.

#13 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:22 AM

I bought mine last month off Carl and had no issues with communications, email got answered within a day or 2. If he is working on machines he wont hear the phone so try at break times, I always called during lunch

The quality of the wheels is worth it

Stunning car!

#14 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Thank you Stroker, it only took me 12.5yrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users