202 replies to this topic

#166 Taisto

Taisto

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:31 PM

Not bad idea that car alternator, but if you have get it work without that then i can too :withstupid: .

I have re-wired reculator + and - to direct to main. Its help lite, its ok if lights is on but when fan start voltages go under 13v... And fan is on about 80% of time. Its kill battery.

Koss ? Its that 500ah normalcar battery or bikebattery? Yamaha R1 orginal is only 10ah so that 500ah is extralarge???

My mini

Yes its a car battery off a big diesel. I have an electric motor for reversing, that needs lots of power.
The bike battery is only good for bikes.
Another option is to have two battery's on a split charge system one for engine and one for the car.
With everything electrical going on my car at the same time it can demand more than 100A.

And you have only R1 orginal generator and no proplemps? If it so, i try Optima battery...

#167 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

Try a normal mini battery or any 12v car battery, it will be better than the bike one.

#168 Taisto

Taisto

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:04 PM

Now i have drive 3 days without any proplems by useing 20ah gel-battery. Maybe my proplems is correct now :)

#169 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:06 AM

dont wait till sompen happens, check your bettery and see if its staying fully charged and not half way cause of low amp charging system. dont get sidelined along the road somewhere.

#170 berty2460

berty2460

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

hi nice mini im trying to do a conversion like that with mine but been having trouble mounting the diff so i was just wondering where you had them blue bearing carriers from and what are they called ? thanks

#171 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:35 AM

been driving mine about tonight and the subframe is solid mounted and its so dam noisey any tips? i'm bidding on a carpet and i'm going to stick some foam behind my dash its so fun but i cant believe how noisey it is compared to my 1380 lol

#172 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

been driving mine about tonight and the subframe is solid mounted and its so dam noisey any tips? i'm bidding on a carpet and i'm going to stick some foam behind my dash its so fun but i cant believe how noisey it is compared to my 1380 lol

I would try replacing the solid mounts with something a little more forgiving like the deflex stuff

Cheers
David

#173 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

but i've got a removable front and i thought it was advised to solid mount the subframe... i know what your saying and i'l bear it in mind

how much do you think the preposed modifications will help? i.e the foam and carpet? i'm going on holiday for a week so i cant even try it in time as i am bidding on a carpet on ebay just hope it'l go some way to help but i couldnt hear the mrs when driving it around the block so i might just leave it that way lol

#174 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

Lee,
I didn't know you had a removable front so yes you need to have it solid mounted, I'm totally isolating the engine/diff in mine with rubber mounts, deflex mounting the frame, having an airbox with a cone filter near the front, soundproofing on the bulkhead and carpets if needed

Cheers
David

#175 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

its also got a semi helical crown wheel and pinion lol quiet she isnt !

#176 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

i didnt think quiet went into the equation below

mini + R1 bike engine = fecking fast

just cant slip that quiet in there anywhere! good luck trying tho!

#177 mineeeeee

mineeeeee

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local Club: me and my mini

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

hi nice mini im trying to do a conversion like that with mine but been having trouble mounting the diff so i was just wondering where you had them blue bearing carriers from and what are they called ? thanks

Just type pillow block into Google

#178 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

i know i know i'm not wanting quiet as such just barable lol be nice to be able to drive it to shows and still be able to hear whats going on when you get there, ear plugs may be in order lol however darren drives his car every day he's got a carpet and full dash so theres hope lol

#179 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

nowt wrong with noisy mini's mate, I run an intercom in mine so I wear an ear defender headset with a mic so I can talk to other cars/bikes and i can also plump in some tunes and me phone as well. Or if im going anywhere byself ive got some custom molded ear plugs with speakers inside them that can plug straight into my mp3 player.

Darren has got one in his for long trips as well which I supplied him from work

#180 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

oh yeah good idea i've got a box full of those foam squishy ear plugs that u used to get from the bike shows i will try and wear them i never liked them on bikes felt weird in a helmet but any motorway milage i might have to considder them its so very close now i'm hoping to get the tracking and sort the -camber out this weekend then its mot time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users