202 replies to this topic

#61 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

Here is a update on the FWD-R1 project.I have finished the trottle/clutch cabels.Also finished the gear lever/knob linkage.
Things left are exhaust manifold,cooling and electrical.Also changed the final drive ratio to 108mph@10500rpm.
Should not be to long before i can take a test drive :- .For those who wonderd about chain tension, i have shims under the bearing holders for the diff, that i can take out as the chain get broken in.

That looks great mate. 108mph at 10500rpm will be wicked on a tight and twisty track/road. I reckon these fwd conversions are going to be roudy as! First will be gone in a shot :w00t: Mine will be geared for 130 at 10500/11000rpm with the option of a shorter ratio similar to yours if I want.

Like the gear shift too. Im thinking of having mine coming off the steering column like the WRC rally cars. With 160/170bhp at the front wheels, I want my hands as close to the steering wheel as possible ;D

#62 Bosanova

Bosanova

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local Club: .

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

Here is a update on the FWD-R1 project.I have finished the trottle/clutch cabels.Also finished the gear lever/knob linkage.
Things left are exhaust manifold,cooling and electrical.Also changed the final drive ratio to 108mph@10500rpm.
Should not be to long before i can take a test drive :- .For those who wonderd about chain tension, i have shims under the bearing holders for the diff, that i can take out as the chain get broken in.

That looks great mate. 108mph at 10500rpm will be wicked on a tight and twisty track/road. I reckon these fwd conversions are going to be roudy as! First will be gone in a shot :w00t: Mine will be geared for 130 at 10500/11000rpm with the option of a shorter ratio similar to yours if I want.

Like the gear shift too. Im thinking of having mine coming off the steering column like the WRC rally cars. With 160/170bhp at the front wheels, I want my hands as close to the steering wheel as possible ;D

How far are you, from you first test drive?

#63 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

No where near as close as you are mate. Ill probably go and see Jon next week to see what parts I can get off of him. Hopefully though it should all go together nicely. If I had everything with me now, I reckon it'll take me the best part of a day or two to fit.

#64 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Local Club: ...

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:14 PM

looks very nice bosanova.

i am getting ideas for an engine conversion in the near future and this is certainly one im considering now.

is the R1 motor your running standard? how will this compare to a 998 a series?

J

#65 fwdr1mini

fwdr1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

just to let anyone know thats interested we will very soon have kits available for fwd r1 installations (no mods needed to the bodyshell). Based on the 1ST one to be done over 2.5 years ago, (the yellow mini on the ultimate mini dvd) we have finally got ourselves set up and prices will be availale on our website within the next week or so.

thanks
Darren

#66 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

:- cant wait man!

http://www.pro-motive.co.uk/

Edited by supermotolee, 18 January 2007 - 05:20 PM.

#67 Baldspeed Racing

Baldspeed Racing

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

fair play grasby good on you mate :-

#68 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

nice one.

#69 Bosanova

Bosanova

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local Club: .

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

i am getting ideas for an engine conversion in the near future and this is certainly one im considering now.

J

Yes its standard and rated at 152hp.If you mean compare performance wise, i hope it would be very much faster!.

Does anyone know how light its possible to get a Mini?With like a R1 engine ,plastic windows, carbon doors/bonnet, alu radius arms , and so on?

#70 fwdr1mini

fwdr1mini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:37 PM

Thanks Lee forgot that bit

#71 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

J

Comparing the R1 with a 998 A seires is like comparing chalk with cheese. Over 3 times more power, a six speed ultrafast sequential gearbox and 10500+rpm limit. As for the performance of a fwd R1 Mini Im not sure. If the modern day Miglia has 130-140bhp and can occasionaly hit 60 in under 4 seconds who knows what the R1 will offer in a stripped out mini.

#72 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:44 AM

Comparing the R1 with a 998 A seires is like comparing chalk with cheese. Over 3 times more power, a six speed ultrafast sequential gearbox and 10500+rpm limit.

Thats quite some A-series engine you have there! :-

#73 mad4mins

mad4mins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Local Club: WAMO!

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:23 AM

mmmm front engined!! :- :-

#74 $way

$way

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

i just wanted a rough comparison. would love to see how this compares to a rear engined R1.

whats motorway driving going to be like? 80mph - ??rpm

J

#75 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:41 PM

the good thing is you can alter gearing with sprocket size...

Darren the site looks great loving the busa special!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users