#1 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 07:29 PM

Hello, now I need some help from you.

What parameters have to be fullfilled that lambda sensor status changes from no to yes?

It is an early Spi with mems 1.3 with idle switch below the gas pedal!

Lambda sensor is new, line continuity is ok, lambda sensor heater is working.

What else?

#2 Wazzah

Wazzah

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:33 AM

What tester/ reader are you using?

#3 Wazzah

Wazzah

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:34 AM

I have heard that MEMS can't handle anything but a Bosch sensor.

#4 andysspanners

andysspanners

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 04:21 AM

I fitted a new Bosch lambda from Minispares in May.....i had loads of issues.....the sensor was clearly producing what appeared to be the correct outputs using a voltmeter . The line continuity was fine through to the ecu on each wire. Heater working fine. My car would not go into closed loop, the ecu would just stick on a reading of 0.45v......car was running rich. I dicked around for ages chasing around with this, checking the loom etc.
I have changed the sensor for a wideband bosch and taken the narrow band signal from the wideband control box to feed the MEMS ecu.  The ECU now reads the lambda signal perfectly and the car perfectly goes into closed loop at 88 degrees.

I am still struggling to work out why the first new Bosch lambda would not work........the only possible i can think of is the 2 earths ( lambda and heater) were the wrong way around on the sensor side of the plug...this is stupidly the only thing i did not check, but i would also never expect it from Bosch.
Other explanation could be that there are some fake lambdas circulating.....who knows

#5 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:25 AM

@wazzah

mems-rosco,mems-scan,mems-faultcodereader,mems-logger

"only Bosch"  i tread that for a fairy-tail

@andysspanners

my question was not about the lambda sensor.

Prior to a working lambda sensor the ecu has a parameter that is called lambda sensor status.This has to switch to yes, this is in most cases direcrtly after starting the engine.If lambdastatus is yes it takes some time until coolant is at 88 degrees and only then the cu shows lambda-volt swinging and closed loop.

So again :what parameters have to be fullfilled that lambda status will switch to yes or 1?

But thanks to both of you, nearly nobody answered up to now.I ask this on different forums.

#6 genpop

genpop

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 01:55 PM

@wazzah

Sorry for my ignorance. You are partly right. You need a lambda probe with a ground connection. Commercially available probes do not have this. Usually the Bosch probe: 0258003193 has this passage.

I realized that when I saw this picture. Now i have status ok and when warmed up, lambda voltage worked.I wonder if other parameters have to be fullfilled too.

Attached Files

#7 andysspanners

andysspanners

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 03:59 AM

coolant temp
Air temp
TPS
lambda sensor -  Bosch, earth etc....as mentioned above