#61 leepol83

leepol83

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:14 AM

Ah, ok

Ive just had a read through that, in terms of air leaks the std manifold gaskets are pretty good sou should be fine with the std MPI one. just check the fastners are in good condidtion and are pulling the manifolds down effectivly, keep an eye for differenct height luga on the manifolds where the washers pull down although thats only normally an issue where after market manifolds have been used.

often when theres an air leak you'll actually be able to hear where the air is getting in, another trick is to go around the suspect area's with an unlit propane torch, when it suck in the gas you hear the idle smooth out. of course you doo need to be aware that loads of gas is a fire hazard, so use it sparingly! but its very useful for checking things like leaking throttle butterfly seals.

Brilliant I’ll have another play, it is an aftermarket manifold but they do look the same thickness, might get it off and get a vernier gauge on it just to check, I’ve sprayed around the injectors with brake cleaner and the revs do change very slightly (check my YouTube videos) I’ll have a look further into the throttle body see what’s in there, my biggest thing and clearly an issue is when I push on the throttle position sensory body itself, makes no sense ?‍♂️
Thanks for taking the time mate

#62 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 02:35 PM

Just received my new toy
Sykes Pickavant Acr4 Rover Mini Spi Mpi Code Reader Kit

Hopefully plug it in this week sometimes, anything I should know as I’ve no idea what I’m looking at ?‍♂️?
I might plug it in and post up a video If anyone can help ??

#63 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 08:11 PM

Hi all small update had a few hours on it today things I have done :-

Changed exhaust manifold gasket ??
Changed injector seals ??
Checked and cleaned all sensors ??

These have definitely improved things

Now it ticks over lovely until you press the accelerator and it revs right up and won’t stop, if I remove the pipe that goes to the idle air control (Rubber pipe) valve from the throttle body and cover the pipe it runs and revs perfectly No problems as soon as I let go it revs up.
What do we thing idle air control valve Faulty ?

Minispares MDQ100040

Edited by leepol83, 15 October 2020 - 08:11 PM.

#64 RustyAutoCityE

RustyAutoCityE

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:10 AM

Not having an injection Mini, Is the Idle valve easy to remove?

If it is, take it off and make sure the seal/conncetions/plunger are all nice and clean and in decent condition.

Maybe grab a cheapie one and see if it makes a difference?

#65 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 09:23 AM

Not having an injection Mini, Is the Idle valve easy to remove?

If it is, take it off and make sure the seal/conncetions/plunger are all nice and clean and in decent condition.

Maybe grab a cheapie one and see if it makes a difference?

Hi thanks I’ve taken it off and cleaned it, also removed it and plugged it in and switched the ignition on and it just shot the plunger and spring on the floor ?‍♂️ So probably worth a replacement

Edited by leepol83, 16 October 2020 - 09:59 AM.

#66 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 10:00 AM

I’ve ordered the whole thing body aswell from Minispares I’ll keep updated ??

#67 RustyAutoCityE

RustyAutoCityE

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

Fingers crossed for you it will solve the issue.

#68 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:05 PM

Have you received your code reader ?

#69 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:42 PM

Fingers crossed for you it will solve the issue.

Thank you ?

#70 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 05:44 PM

Have you received your code reader ?

Well yes I did and it’s gone back unfortunately, it wouldn’t establish a connection to the car for some reason so it’s fine back ?‍♂️

#71 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:25 PM

Right back on this again, I removed the old idle air control valve and it’s housing and there was a rubber glove finger in it ?‍♂️ Obviously not helping things, so I removed it and stuck the complete new IACV and housing on turned the ignition on and off 5 times to re program it and it was ticking over lovely until I reved it and it just revel up again !!!
See the video this is me blocking the pipe to the idle control valve and it runs lovely blocked up.
https://youtu.be/eEFHm01lpA8

Edited by leepol83, 24 October 2020 - 07:26 PM.

#72 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:04 AM

Its not ignition on and off 5 times.
Its ignitiin on, pump the accelerator down and up 5 times within 30 seconds, wait 20 seconds, ignition off.
But that only resets the iacv. It does not set it up which HAS to be done on T4, and maybe another programmer can do it, not sure.

#73 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:08 AM

Try this, make sure there is slack in the accelerator cable. Loosen off the throttle screw, retighten the throttle screw so that it is touching the lever and very slightly opening the throttle, a tiny amount.

#74 pete l

pete l

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:08 AM

Try this, make sure there is slack in the accelerator cable. Loosen off the throttle screw, retighten the throttle screw so that it is touching the lever and very slightly opening the throttle, a tiny amount.

#75 leepol83

leepol83

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:29 AM

Its not ignition on and off 5 times.
Its ignitiin on, pump the accelerator down and up 5 times within 30 seconds, wait 20 seconds, ignition off.
But that only resets the iacv. It does not set it up which HAS to be done on T4, and maybe another programmer can do it, not sure.

Thanks mate, just tried this and didn’t seem to work, however despite it reving up a friend advised me that I’ll have to actually drive the car for the Ecu to learn, so I tuck it for a drive up the industrial estate and it was terrible reving up but drives fine once I lifted the clutch, anyway got back and turned it off did the accelerator thing again and started it back up and all seems ok!!! Only thing I have now is the revs hold for a second or so then drop to normal ?‍♂️?
It ticks over just over 1000 but sounds fine,
Just to mention I disconnected the battery every night as I’m not driving the car will this cause problems ?

Where can you get a T4 from cheap ?

Edited by leepol83, 25 October 2020 - 09:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users