15 replies to this topic

#1 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 10:15 AM

Hi anyone used standard dash liners with a Nippycars centre binnacle with rev counter, have you got any pictures ? secondly what card is used to make them as searching brings up children making cardboard dashes.

Last resort if I can source the correct card is to make one side to fit around the rev counter pod incorporated into the binnacle any ideas ?

Attached Files

Edited by I hate Brian, 07 November 2020 - 10:17 AM.

#2 alex-95

alex-95

I am THE CLAMP MAKER

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 01:23 PM

I haven't got one of the above binnacles but have made my own dash liners for the binnacle I made. I used art mounting card (A1 or A2 I think) for mine, not exactly the same but worked well. 

HCle1F0.jpg

Edited by alex-95, 07 November 2020 - 01:24 PM.

#3 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 08:44 PM

this should do the job

https://www.woolies-.../1648/millboard

#4 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 09:06 PM

Do you have a link to the Nippycars centre binnacle?

#5 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:59 AM

This has been a pet project of mine for several months now. I originally started in an attempt to save the original material but now it has evolved into just making blank backers that i can cover with whatever i want. I tried all sorts of materials and the best i found was HIPS styrene. You can buy it in rolls off ebay for cheap money. I used the oem dash cards as a template and adjust as needed. It seems like you need about a 5% reduction in size to get a good fit. Right now im playing around with the 1.5mm thickness but its still too thick for what i want. It works fine but its difficult to fit easily since its stiff.
For covering them i just use spray adhesive. Ive been thinking about vinyl wrapping some but havent gotten that far.

#6 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:46 AM

Do you have a link to the Nippycars centre binnacle?

https://www.facebook...93397367896626/

#7 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:47 AM

This has been a pet project of mine for several months now. I originally started in an attempt to save the original material but now it has evolved into just making blank backers that i can cover with whatever i want. I tried all sorts of materials and the best i found was HIPS styrene. You can buy it in rolls off ebay for cheap money. I used the oem dash cards as a template and adjust as needed. It seems like you need about a 5% reduction in size to get a good fit. Right now im playing around with the 1.5mm thickness but its still too thick for what i want. It works fine but its difficult to fit easily since its stiff.
For covering them i just use spray adhesive. Ive been thinking about vinyl wrapping some but havent gotten that far.

Hi Kit352 do you have any pictures of the HIPS styrene dash cards you have made ?

#8 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 12:01 PM

Cheers KTS will have a look

#9 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 01:46 PM

Hi Kit352 do you have any pictures of the HIPS styrene dash cards you have made ?

Unfortunately not. Ive given or tossed them all away. I got over zealous with a heat gun on the one i made yesterday and melted it.

I do have the template i use to make them though if you want to see that until i can get a new supply of HIPS in.

#10 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 03:25 PM

I've searched Ebay and can only find A4 size which isn't long enough have you got a link please ?

Unfortunately not. Ive given or tossed them all away. I got over zealous with a heat gun on the one i made yesterday and melted it.

I do have the template i use to make them though if you want to see that until i can get a new supply of HIPS in.

#11 steeley

steeley

Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 03:37 PM

I used this for mine

https://www.ebay.co....tm/173870046024

#12 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 05:05 PM

Cheers Steeley

#13 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 06:08 PM

Edited to remove link

Note that 1000x300 is not enough to do the entire dash. It will only do one side with just a little left over.

Edited by kit352, 09 November 2020 - 09:38 AM.

#14 I hate Brian

I hate Brian

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:10 AM

You haven't mentioned the companyname ?

I use this company. They custom cut to various sizes.

Note that 1000x300 is not enough to do the entire dash. It will only do one side with just a little left over.

#15 kit352

kit352

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:37 AM

I removed the link. They have tripled the price in the week since i ordered last. I need to find a new vendor. Shame really, they were very good. What was £17 is now over £40 which is way over priced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users