#1 Riz_Mini

Riz_Mini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:36 AM

:'(

Right spotted some rust developing under the front windscreen.... although I was told be the previous owner that it has been waxoyed treated twice......

Any advice... also whats the best way to get it rust protected for the future, no expense spared aslong as it works.

Riz :P

#2 Awlred Drives a Quant

Awlred Drives a Quant

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred and Exhausted

Posted 01 November 2006 - 08:48 AM

:'(

Right spotted some rust developing under the front windscreen.... although I was told be the previous owner that it has been waxoyed treated twice......

Any advice... also whats the best way to get it rust protected for the future, no expense spared aslong as it works.

Riz :P

Garages help...alot. Rust under the windscreen seals seems fairly common, if its a lower corner then a scuttle panel will cover it, as mine is rusting in the same place.

Waxoyl protection is more for the underside of the car and to keep your arches from rotting in the 'trademark' places.

If you take the windscreen out you might be able to grind it back to bare-metal then you can treat it with Tungsten23 and go over it again with a skim of filler to hide the pocketing and then paint, although no promises that it won't crop up again in a couple of years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users