che

BH2N Retro Organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts
  • Local Club: Said the joker to the thief

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

yeah was a risky comment! but hey im voicing my opinion,
every mini ive seen is either driven by a man, and young lad or an old lady thats all.
and the photos u see from the meets and events seem to be all old people!
just an observation!

Bl**dy cheek! I am mortally offended :'( I could be extremely nasty back but I won't stoop to that level.

There is nothing wrong with "old people" and you will be an old person one day.

Anyway wasn't this thread about Marc Bolan

Edited by che, 07 November 2006 - 04:31 PM.

#32 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:07 PM

old people in minis?? hagn on i remember to have read; The 29-year-old former T-Rex singer

And Jammy was the only person looking bcos hes the forum Shark, or was then!

#33 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

Well here's a couple of photo's I have:-

Posted Image
Posted Image

But you can see more and a few other celebrity Mini owners on my photobucket site:-

Mini Celebrities Link

#34 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:44 PM

Does anyone know the impact speed?

Considering the fact that a mini has no impact systems I think the car has come away from the accident pretty well. I mean the rear is hardly affected at all!

#35 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

I don't know the actual impact speed, but I assume they were travelling at quite a speed because apparantly Gloria lost control after going over a hump-back bridge.

Of course this was during the early hours of the morning whilst there was low lying mist/fog, straight after they'd been at a friends house parting all night and they decided not to get a taxi home.

I also believe Gloria was going to get done for manslaughter for being under the influence of drink (& drugs?), but she fled back to New York (where she originally came from) with their baby/son and has never come back to the UK since. :w00t:

Anyway the only thing wrong with the Mini was a couple of loose wheel nuts and an under inflated tyre, but I doubt that would have caused the accident?

Edited by taffy1967, 07 November 2006 - 05:51 PM.

#36 mini_kev

mini_kev

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:18 PM

ooh i dunno loose wheel nuts almost caused my mate to crash! Something to do with the wheel falling off!!! The mark is still there in the road a year later!

#37 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:34 AM

Well I don't think they were falling off, just one or two were slightly loose, but it was probably more down to tiredness/drunkness or being high or a mixture of all of those things plus the early morning mist that meant she failed to turn the corner after the bridge and just ploughed into that tree.

Still the steering wheel saved Gloria but she did suffer a few broken ribs, where as Marc took the full brunt of the impact and being 1977 meant they probably weren't wearing seat-belts either.

Well I didn't back then even when riding up front and I was only 10 years old!

Edited by taffy1967, 08 November 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#38 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners Club / Bruuuums Mini's

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:01 AM

wasnt gloria jones the lady who wrote tainted love, which was later done by soft cell??
that mini looks a mess, damn shame if u ask me

anyway marc bolan was 29 yes, but that was in 1977 when the GT mini was a new car, so appealed the younger age group, dont get me wrong im just saying that as a 21 year old there doesnt seem to be many fans/owners that i have seen that seem to be of my age group. there are probably a few on here, but none ive seen actually driving them

#39 Lloydie Boy

Lloydie Boy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

So you saying that only old people drive minis................C**p when did i get old i was 17 last time i checked :w00t:

#40 Bobby9779

Bobby9779

Two carb man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts
  • Local Club: H4H Mini's

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

I don't know, my mate in worcs owns and is on here she and I are both 21 too.

I was driving down London way to go to a Rugby match and had abit of motorway flirting on the go with this hot early to mid 20's brunette, driving a mini sports pack.

I think your right to a degree but to be honest I don't see that many minisa knocking about so stands to reason you don't see that many younger ladies driving them.

OOOhhh just remembered the fit blonde on the M25 last time I was home.

Anyway, I ended up a different place than I aimed...haha

Has anyone got any pics of his mini pre-crash? in colour maybe??

Bob

#41 che

che

BH2N Retro Organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts
  • Local Club: Said the joker to the thief

Posted 08 November 2006 - 10:15 AM

every mini ive seen is either driven by a man, and young lad or an old lady thats all.

as a 21 year old there doesnt seem to be many fans/owners that i have seen that seem to be of my age group. there are probably a few on here, but none ive seen actually driving them

But isn't that a contradiction from your previous post. Aren't you a young lad or do you class yourself as a man.

I thought this topic was about Marc Bolan anyway - Deja Vu

Edited by che, 08 November 2006 - 10:16 AM.

#42 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • 9,896 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

Has anyone got any pics of his mini pre-crash? in colour maybe??

Well the 2 pictures on the 1st page of this thread are in colour, but their just dark and his Mini was Black Tulip which is a rare very dark purple colour.

I've seen photographs in books of him in the Mini before the crash, but their relatively close ups on him and so you don't see that much of his Mini.

wasnt gloria jones the lady who wrote tainted love, which was later done by soft cell??
that mini looks a mess, damn shame if u ask me

I don't think Gloria Jones actually wrote the song herself, I think it was written for her and she sang the original version. And yes it was a damned shame because if that accident hadn't have happened we'd all be drooling over his Mini at Mini shows and he'd have made many a come-back and still be touring no doubt?

anyway marc bolan was 29 yes, but that was in 1977 when the GT mini was a new car, so appealed the younger age group, dont get me wrong im just saying that as a 21 year old there doesnt seem to be many fans/owners that i have seen that seem to be of my age group. there are probably a few on here, but none ive seen actually driving them

Well I first started driving a Mini when I was 17 and I passed my driving test in mine. But Mini's have always appealed to everyone as it was the first truly classless car, so that's why rock stars, film stars and even Royalty wanted to be seen driving theirs, but even the local dustman could drive a Mini if he wanted to.

But I'd say the vast majority of people who attend Mini Shows and uses Mini Forums are youngsters, or at least the under 30 year olds. So at 39 I do feel like an old fart at times to be honest, but there are quite a few mature Mini enthusiasts out there too. :withstupid:

Edited by taffy1967, 08 November 2006 - 01:48 PM.

#43 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners Club / Bruuuums Mini's

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:10 PM

thanks for straightening all that out guys!
i think i may do a poll on ages of mini owners in the mini chat section so feel free to give ur 2pence worth!

and sorry for hijaking but yes the thread is about mr bolans lovely mini, or ex lovely mini

#44 mini bunnykin

mini bunnykin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

oh my god!
i cant not believe what was written here about that there arent any good looking young fit girls on here erm im sorry but where have you been looking mate! i should be careful with what you say and too be honest this is not a dating website! there are quite a few girls on here and they are all very pretty but you you are obviously one for plastic/un-natural girls who have to flunt themselves to get themselves noticed!

sorry to bring this back up but i was just so gob smacked with the remarks made on here...

also didnt anyone tell you to respect your older's??? there are lots of ladies on here and all up for a laugh and enjoy mini's

Edited by mini bunnykin, 21 November 2006 - 05:50 PM.

#45 LITTLE MISS NAUGHTY MINI

LITTLE MISS NAUGHTY MINI

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:52 PM

oh my god!
i cant not believe what was written here about that there arent any good looking young fit girls on here erm im sorry but where have you been looking mate! i should be careful with what you say and too be honest this is not a dating website! there are quite a few girls on here and they are all very pretty but you you are obviously one for plastic/un-natural girls who have to flunt themselves to get themselves noticed!

sorry to bring this back up but i was just so gob smacked with the remarks made on here...

also didnt anyone tell you to respect your older's??? there are lots of ladies on here and all up for a laugh and enjoy mini's

HERE HERE :errr:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users