#1 ninjamin

ninjamin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:21 PM

Just built a ZX9 shaft drive MINI and need help on spring ratings, I have fitted protech dampers front/rear ( coil over conversion kit from Huddersfield Mini Spares. i have 200lb all round at the moment

Cheers, Ninjamin

#2 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

Is it front or rear engined. if rear depends on what setup ie wishbones etc. if you have 200s all round is it not handling. :lol: need more info to help

#3 ninjamin

ninjamin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

Is it front or rear engined. if rear depends on what setup ie wishbones etc. if you have 200s all round is it not handling. :lol: need more info to help

Rear engined with rear wishbones ( fully independant ), the front ( std mini subframe with coil over conversion ) seems to be very hard on the road and when you ride potholes/drains it's almost that the springs are not compressing enough ( you get a loud thud! ). Need anymore info?

Rgds Ninjamin

#4 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:49 PM

Is the thud from the rear or the front and what notch is your dampers on. try the damper screw anticlockwise fully out. I have protech on mine.

#5 ninjamin

ninjamin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:54 PM

Is the thud from the rear or the front and what notch is your dampers on. try the damper screw anticlockwise fully out. I have protech on mine.

Thud is from the Front shocks and the screws are fully backed off - what spring ratings are you running? Your is a R1? so the weights cant be miles apart!

#6 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:10 PM

Common problem is that the front springs hit the bottom shock bracket bolts on compression, check that first. You should be able to see signs of damage...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users